Visionaire 5 released

• #100, by afrlmeTuesday, 05. December 2017, 00:19 6 years ago
    What a bizarre screen resolution you are using. It's squashing like that due to the screen not being wide enough I think. I guess Simon needs to some kind of code to check what the monitor/window resolution is to dynamically change the editor as needed.

Actually, I just tried resizing the window & it seems to be more or less ok for me at around 1280px wide. The icons start overlapping if I go any lower than that. I'm not sure why it's overlapping so badly for you. Maybe something to do with your graphics card? Or not using the recommended resolution for your monitor? or maybe you need to update your gpu drivers?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #101, by MachtnixTuesday, 05. December 2017, 00:36 6 years ago
    My resolution is 1280 x 1024 on both monitors (I use two, digital and the other one on the analog port). So, that's a standard for this kind of screen I think (more isn't possible). Of course I can stretch the Gui over both, but sometimes I use the right screen for another PCi n the meantime (I can switch between). But I will try it out.

Maybe it could something to do with using larger windows fonts. I don't want the smaller standard fonts (some programs have TINY fonts!!!) - I can't read them.

The worse thing is the crash. So I have to create new heros first (because my fairy test character doesn't work as you can see) to check if the error is still there.

edit:
    OK, it works. I can stretch the spaces between them, if I expand the gui on the right screen.
    But it isn't very comfortable to work with (many programs have problems with using the same surface over two screens) and the setting is lost after reboot.

The crash is still there, so I think there is something wrong with the walk animation. But what? It works before...

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #102, by afrlmeTuesday, 05. December 2017, 00:57 6 years ago
    I don't know about the crash, but I think you are correct about the windows scaling. I just tried the different scaling options & for me the gui of VS messed up when I scaled to 175% - My resolution is 1920x1080. I didn't like any of the scaling options as they made everything look blurry/soft rather than sharp as it's supposed to be. Try adjusting the scale factor to 100% while using VS as a temporary workaround.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #103, by MachtnixTuesday, 05. December 2017, 01:34 6 years ago
    Yeah, I will try it, but in 90% the font is to small then. The next resolution steps lower to make fonts bigger are 1152 x 864 or 1024 x 768, but in this case the font with 100% is ok, but menues and icons and tables are too big... roll

I am surprised that a tool needs a fixed resolution proportion to show all features well (apart from games...). I think thats not very professional in 2017... EVERY other tool works with my 120% font.

edit:
    btw: the font size in Visionaire depends mainly on the settings in the template css, right? You can set the font type and the pixel size. I hope for all fonts using in the gui, I'm not sure...

Windows font size setting:

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #104, by afrlmeTuesday, 05. December 2017, 02:18 6 years ago
    Websites don't scale well when you start manually resizing whatever internet browser you are using. Fixed width websites tend to add scrollbars so you can drag those around to view the content you can no longer see, but dynamically sized websites that don't have fallback css for smaller resolutions tend to end up squashed with things not aligned correctly. It's likely to do with how Simon has setup the elements as he's using openGL for cross-platform skinning or something. Maybe it would have been better if he'd used one of those actual html/css frameworks instead like this one, but it's probably a bit late now as he'd likely have to rebuild the new gui from scratch again.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #105, by MachtnixTuesday, 05. December 2017, 03:08 6 years ago
    Yes, this Visionaire forum site starts too big if the browser has 100% scale. I can't see the last poster names and the avatars on the right side until decreasing to  80,90 %. It's a lot of unused white space between left and right.

Don't mind: because the Visionaire gui has only a few bugs it will be easier someone tells me the codeline in the css to increase the space between the icons manually or set a compressed font for the whole gui. If 90% of users don't have problems this would be a private special case.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #106, by LebosteinWednesday, 03. January 2018, 13:02 6 years ago
    With 1280 px screen resolution Visionaire is hard to use. The GUI takes too much space and it is not optimized for 1280 px. If you decrease the width of the room or object list - one click later the width is reseted to the standard width. Why I can resize the list with if Visionaire don't save the list widths?

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #107, by LebosteinFriday, 05. January 2018, 17:06 6 years ago

Bug: Spine file list is not updated while changing selected person.
    Request: Zoom option: Best fit (Fit On Screen)

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #108, by sebastianSunday, 07. January 2018, 03:03 6 years ago
    Found another Bug. It seems that i cant sort the comment sets. Neither with the arrows above the list nor the drag+drop variant.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #109, by trepnSaturday, 13. January 2018, 00:50 6 years ago
    I've noticed my laptop gets pretty hot and fans start blowing after a short while when using Visionaire Studio 5. Stats tell me that my Macbook has switched to the dedicated GPU and is using 60-100% gpu processor. I'm not using any particles or 3d stuff in my game, seems a bit unnecessary.

60 Posts

• #110, by stered86Sunday, 03. June 2018, 12:07 6 years ago
    Hi, guys. I recently switched from Visionaire 4 to Visionaire 5.
    I remember reading about the new "in-scene-video" function that can be used with lua, but I can't find HOW to use it!
    Anyone knows where I could find a tutorial or something?

62 Posts