Visionaire 5 released

• #130, by MateuszWednesday, 05. September 2018, 20:44 6 years ago
    Thank you for your reply.
    Yes, I was talking about using run on scene option used for preview.
    I don't acess anything via scripts, just using actionparts and either browsing to destination [Browse link...] or  using drag and drop "lasso thingie" to chain things together. 

Definitely not a memory issue, as it's easily fixed by renaming scenes. As I mentioned, I believed that VS assigns unique ID (not a real "name" but rather a "table adress") to everything (conditions, values, scenes, and so on) and naming serves only as a guide for developer "(since "Rose received?" is more informative than F240 or whatever engine ID's look like).

Anyway, after discovering the problem I renamed scenes to Lucy(Dialogue), Lucy(Closeup), Lucy(Quests) and so on and it works just fine. I definitely start to use individual names from now on, just to avoid any similiar problems in future. Still it's kinda weird that "engine confusion" when using "run on scene" seems to be somehow linked to the amount of scenes in the project.

59 Posts

• #131, by afrlmeWednesday, 05. September 2018, 21:45 6 years ago
    I really don't know anything about that. Maybe Simon knows what the issue is or can look into it when he has a spare minute, but at least you found a work-around solution to the issue. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #132, by SimonSWednesday, 05. September 2018, 22:36 6 years ago
    The run on scene function does not work via ids, but via name, so it's possible that it runs the wrong scene if 2 scenes are named the same.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #133, by MateuszThursday, 06. September 2018, 00:33 6 years ago
    Thank you for claryfying it, good to know why things happen.

So... via ID's in next update? grin

59 Posts

• #134, by caligarimarteWednesday, 12. September 2018, 20:40 6 years ago
    Hi, today I noticed that in a Project of mine using only Nearest Neighbour Filtering, Textures added to a Shader via "graphics.shaderUniform()" appear antialiased, which is not necessarily optimal for PixelArt. In earlier Versions of Visionaire 5, this was not the Case, so I guess it is a recent Bug. Or is there some Line of Code with which a Lack of Antialiasing can (or must now) be enforced for such Shader-Textures?

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #135, by caligarimarteThursday, 13. September 2018, 11:02 6 years ago
    I should have been more exact: Shader-Textures will usually still be filtered with Nearest Neighbor and so do those which I have reported, it is really just that if such a Texture gets distorted by another Texture, like a Cloudnoise-Texture, there appears Antialiasing where there was none before -- undistorted Textures remain fine, with no Antialiasing. (compare, in my Image, the moving Vegetation (red) vs. the still and undistorted Treetrunks (blue).)
    I suppose one Way for me to get Distortion without Antialiasing would be to use a Cloudnoise-Texture that is just black & white instead of grayscale -- in that Case, having the Option for antialiased Distortion depending on the Texture being used is probably more of a Feature than a Bug after all ...

[EDIT] ... no, that didn't work at all, only made it worse. (See second image: still antialiased, except now the Distortion is just being funky)

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #136, by stered86Friday, 28. September 2018, 14:26 6 years ago
    Guys, this morning I downloaded the latest version of Visionaire, 5.0.7, but I'm having a huge problem: the engine won't build my game, no matter the settings.

This is the most inappropriate moment for something like this to happen, since I have a big event in Milan next week and I NEED my build! What can I do? Is there a way to get back to the older version?

62 Posts

• #137, by afrlmeFriday, 28. September 2018, 14:32 6 years ago
    Should be able to download the old version via the licenses page on here - hmm or maybe not. I'm sure Simon will have the player/editor files for the previous version.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #138, by stered86Saturday, 29. September 2018, 15:55 6 years ago
    I just downloaded another update and now everything works fine.

Simon, you just saved my developer life. Thank you very much!

62 Posts