Visionaire 5 released

• #110, by stered86Sunday, 03. June 2018, 12:07 6 years ago
    Hi, guys. I recently switched from Visionaire 4 to Visionaire 5.
    I remember reading about the new "in-scene-video" function that can be used with lua, but I can't find HOW to use it!
    Anyone knows where I could find a tutorial or something?

62 Posts

• #111, by afrlmeSunday, 03. June 2018, 12:42 6 years ago
    You need to go to the plugins section on the editor & install it.

Well, technically you don't need to, but it gives you an action part method for adding in-scene videos easily.

Anyway, here's 3 different examples taken from Simon's luadocs web page...

addMovie(Objects["Object0"],"vispath:test.mp4")
    addMovie(Objects["Object0"],"vispath:test.mp4",false,1)
    addMovieScaled(Objects["Objekt0"],"vispath:test.mp4",2,2,false,1)

& here's the available parameters for each function:

addMovie(object, path, loop, blend)
    addMovieScaled(object, path, scaleX, scaleY, loop, blend)

quick note: blend makes the video semi-transparent. If you filled it mostly with a specific color then that color would probably end being masked out. I'm not really sure how it works, but apparently Daedalic used this in-scene video thing for their The Pillars of the Earth game for the snow particles that were playing in various scenes.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #112, by riffmasterSunday, 03. June 2018, 12:56 6 years ago
    ARFLme, is it possible to put that link into the LUA section of the manual on the main page? So one can find it easily smile I think there is much interesting and important stuff in this document.

26 Posts

• #113, by afrlmeSunday, 03. June 2018, 13:06 6 years ago
    The luadocs page? sure. Done. Visionaire API Reference, at the bottom of the list. Added a link on the scripting page too.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #114, by riffmasterSunday, 03. June 2018, 13:24 6 years ago
    Nice, thank you very much, although I was thinking about the Manual Section on this page here smile But the Wiki is a good start, also smile

26 Posts

• #115, by afrlmeSunday, 03. June 2018, 14:05 6 years ago
    Nice, thank you very much, although I was thinking about the Manual Section on this page here smile But the Wiki is a good start, also smile
    Ah, do you happen to have this website in German? We don't have a link to the manual thing on here when viewing this site in English. Also I don't have access to it. Only Marvel (Thomas) does as far as I'm aware.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #116, by riffmasterSunday, 03. June 2018, 14:53 6 years ago
    Ah, ok, yes, I am using the german version of the site, where the manual is linked.

26 Posts

• #117, by afrlmeSunday, 03. June 2018, 15:03 6 years ago

I don't know why we don't have a link to it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #118, by stered86Sunday, 03. June 2018, 16:00 6 years ago
    Thank you very much, AFRLme!
    Works perfectly, once I installed the plugin!

62 Posts

• #119, by stered86Tuesday, 17. July 2018, 12:22 6 years ago
    Hi, I'm having a problem when exporting texts from Visionaire 5. Basically, as soon as I try to do that the engine crashes. I opened the viseditor.log where I found this:

12:12:29.767:cant dock window with id 'languages'
    12:14:36.567:Abnormal program termination. Saved dump file to 'C:\Users\Utente\AppData\Local/Visionaire Editor/visedit4.dmp'

12:14:36.567:Executable: Visionaire 5.0.6 (Build date: Jun 25 2018, Build 1197)

I tried the same procedure with a smaller project, and the texts are succesfully exported. PLEASE tell me there's a way to solve this.

62 Posts

• #120, by NigecTuesday, 17. July 2018, 12:57 6 years ago
    yes I'm getting this crash as well

My projects aren't big and the only difference seems to be the version the project was created in, an older VS 3.X one crashes for me were as a VS 5 one seems fine

edit maybe its not the version as two projects originally created with version 3.71 behave differently, one crashes, the other doesn't

Key Killer

627 Posts