Anticipation of 4.0 - whats to come?

• #30, by gustyWednesday, 26. March 2014, 17:05 10 years ago
    Nice, thanks

Forum Fan

159 Posts

• #31, by afrlmeWednesday, 26. March 2014, 17:08 10 years ago
    Alex are there any changes regarding to save/load system in VS4? I'm talking about possibility of repeairing issue where you pick the random slot to save and it would save on last available position anyway.

It saves on the next available slot - unless you select a slot which already contains a save game - because the save slots are technically infinite. You could add the save game arrows to just keep on scrolling to the right by x amount of save slots you specified inside of the menu scene properties tab.

I suppose an option to set a fixed amount of save slots would be better? & maybe an option to not display thumbnail but a text version instead possibly containing: date, save number, current scene, playtime, game completion percentage. Or maybe allow us to manually type in a save name.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #32, by gustyWednesday, 26. March 2014, 17:10 10 years ago
    Or maybe allow us to manually type in a save name.

Oh yeah, that would be neat feature..

Forum Fan

159 Posts

• #33, by SuroWednesday, 26. March 2014, 23:39 10 years ago
    Just to make it clear: I'm looking forward to it, no matter what.

That being said, are there any changes to the dialog editor?
    I'd love to have something like a node-based thingy that branches of into different options and choices.

36 Posts

• #34, by DerBjoernThursday, 27. March 2014, 00:12 10 years ago
    Is there more about 3D Model feature ?

13 Posts

• #35, by afrlmeThursday, 27. March 2014, 01:21 10 years ago
    Just to make it clear: I'm looking forward to it, no matter what.

That being said, are there any changes to the dialog editor?
    I'd love to have something like a node-based thingy that branches of into different options and choices.

Personally I'd rather scrap most of the current dialog system & instead of setting the dialog choice part, the reply & the alternative text I would rather replace the whole bottom half with the general action part system as used in the actions tab. I think it would allow for a more intuitive system where we can get more creative with what happens when we click a dialog choice, such as conversations between multiple characters at the same time, or performing animations, setting conditions, values, performing actions etc...

Personally I also think that dialogs should have their own tab accessed via the left hand section tabs, as opposed to the dialogs having to be linked to a character. Also absolute positioning & multiple dialog background interfaces would be nice. smile

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #36, by afrlmeThursday, 27. March 2014, 01:23 10 years ago
    Is there more about 3D Model feature ?

like what?
    You can control various things like lighting, shadows, rotation, shading styles, camera etc.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #37, by DerBjoernThursday, 27. March 2014, 01:28 10 years ago
    Nice for me as 3D artist . grin

13 Posts

• #38, by afrlmeThursday, 27. March 2014, 01:42 10 years ago
    I'm not sure if I posted a screenshot of the 3D model settings page a while ago or not... might be somewhere on the forum, but if not then, you've not too long to wait until you can see/try it for yourself - 4 days! wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #39, by octopus1138Thursday, 27. March 2014, 02:31 10 years ago

This would be the most wonderful and intuitive option. It's how I write my story anyway, put it on post it notes and tack it to a board with strings. I can more easily visualize what branches to what. That way and move things around if I have to.

5 Posts

• #40, by marvelThursday, 27. March 2014, 11:51 10 years ago
    Actually it isn't just "'Experimental support'. Alex should not use this term wink Zak McKracken between time and space runs pretty much stable on my ipad here... and it is a version half a year old. But it is entitled as a beta, because we changed A LOT of things in Visionaire Studio - main structural things.

Key Killer

598 Posts