Anticipation of 4.0 - whats to come?

• #20, by ChrissTuesday, 25. March 2014, 10:44 10 years ago
    Any details on how the iOS - Support is going to work? Does VS export some Objective C-Code that has to be complied through Xcode?

45 Posts

• #21, by BigStansTuesday, 25. March 2014, 10:59 10 years ago
    You mean the publishing on the AppStore. We have an Code Sign tool razz For this. And without it you can publish it outside the AppStore. It's already certed smile

Great Poster

361 Posts

• #22, by ChrissTuesday, 25. March 2014, 11:01 10 years ago
    Awesome!

45 Posts

• #23, by NigecTuesday, 25. March 2014, 12:27 10 years ago
    * 3d-model characters: we probably need more user feedback for this, it's quite hard to get working animations. this is mainly because we rely on an opensource lib (assimp) which can't handle every format, or other 3d tools don't stay to the spec all the time when exporting 3d models.

All you had to do was ask, I have most of the software likely to be used for characters

what are the limitations of the Demo, just as before, wont compile the app?

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #24, by AlexTuesday, 25. March 2014, 16:58 10 years ago

'Experimental support' for mobile worries me a little, though... guess we'll all be beta'ing for a while then!

its declared experimental for now because
    1. it's not completely finished. savegame screenshots (iOS) and savegames (android) are not implemented yet.
    2. android package cannot be exported, but it's easy to manually assemble an app (information is in the Wiki).

btw, nobody is forced to use this feature yet wink for now we're showing what's currently possible and I guess it won't take long until it will be complete. Especially considering Simon did all the hard work for iOS in less than a year.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #25, by AlexTuesday, 25. March 2014, 17:03 10 years ago
    * 3d-model characters: we probably need more user feedback for this, it's quite hard to get working animations. this is mainly because we rely on an opensource lib (assimp) which can't handle every format, or other 3d tools don't stay to the spec all the time when exporting 3d models.

All you had to do was ask, I have most of the software likely to be used for characters

good to know. we probably will. Daniel (who implemented the 3d models) is currently very busy (work, master thesis etc.) but I hope he has time to tweak some things (in case it's necessary) once we release and 3d models can be used.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #26, by jackalstudioTuesday, 25. March 2014, 19:34 10 years ago
    Can't wait!

3 Posts

• #27, by UraalTuesday, 25. March 2014, 23:08 10 years ago
    Yeah kinda excited here too smile

93 Posts

• #28, by gustyWednesday, 26. March 2014, 16:51 10 years ago
    Alex are there any changes regarding to save/load system in VS4? I'm talking about possibility of repeairing issue where you pick the random slot to save and it would save on last available position anyway.

Forum Fan

159 Posts

• #29, by AlexWednesday, 26. March 2014, 17:00 10 years ago
    not yet. I'll have a look at this after the release. From now on we will release an update more frequently.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #30, by gustyWednesday, 26. March 2014, 17:05 10 years ago
    Nice, thanks

Forum Fan

159 Posts