Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #30, by afrlmeWednesday, 23. September 2015, 23:08 9 years ago
    How come you didn't use the display text action for speech? Did you use the play sound action part or did you use the startSound() openAL Lua function for playing the sound? If you used the action part then just tick the wait until sound finishes checkbox or add a wait until sound finishes action part that is linked to the same audio file. That should prevent the action block from being triggered again. Or even add a pause action containing the duration of the sound file after the play sound action part. Any of those methods should prevent action block from being triggered again until sound finishes playing, I think.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #31, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 23. September 2015, 23:53 9 years ago
    I used the startsound with wait. didnt work. And also used start sound action with wait until sound but both didnt work. Only think worked is begin and cut scenes but it like freezing the game hiding the mouse

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #32, by afrlmeWednesday, 23. September 2015, 23:58 9 years ago
    Ok try adding the wait until sound finished action before the start sound action. Maybe that will do the trick.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #33, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 16:31 9 years ago
    No it didnt work mate, I already tried that

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #34, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 16:31 9 years ago
    But I'm really happy that nobody complained about the turning animations of the character. At least not yet grin

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #35, by afrlmeThursday, 24. September 2015, 16:53 9 years ago
    At least you got it rotating! wink

You could probably create the rotation animations inside of the 3D program you are using for animating your characters? Then use a script to check current direction & target direction then call the required animation. It would be quite a few animations though I think. 2 per current direction to destination direction (clockwise & counter-clockwise). You would be able to create smooth turn animations at the expense of additional hard work & time.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #36, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 19:59 9 years ago
    I ve already did in the 3d prog but you cant implement it in Vis correctly. Simon is working on it.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #37, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 20:00 9 years ago
    And in the credits of the demo I just wrote your name as LEE smile cause dont know your surname mate, sorry for that smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #38, by sebastianThursday, 24. September 2015, 21:32 9 years ago
    Looks grear so far smile
    Is a Mac Demo Version available ?

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #39, by afrlmeThursday, 24. September 2015, 21:36 9 years ago
    Should have checked my profile page or the friends column thing on left hand side of the forum. My full name should be listed on either for anyone on friends list I think.

Anyway... If you do end up updating the credits then could you update it to "Lee Clarke" or "Lee Clarke [AFRLme]". Cheers. wink

Why can't you implement what you did in the 3D program? It would be a case of calling x animation instead of playing a single animation or rotating the characters idle animation. At least in theory.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #40, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 22:27 9 years ago
    Simon wrote a script for the rotation which I'm using right now but he also told me that he need to update it for a better rotaion.

Great Poster

440 Posts