Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #40, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 22:27 9 years ago
    Simon wrote a script for the rotation which I'm using right now but he also told me that he need to update it for a better rotaion.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #41, by afrlmeThursday, 24. September 2015, 22:36 9 years ago
    I believe he did update it to a degree. He rewrote it somewhat for Thomas a little while back. It might be more specific to his game though.

What is wrong with the way it is currently rotating?

P.S: I actually have a better function I wrote for calculating rotation more precisely, but I haven't written any functions for the actual rotation - so it's not much use right now - sorry.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #42, by fulviovThursday, 24. September 2015, 22:39 9 years ago
    Hey, I am really intrigued by the game, I have tried to run it under a Windows 10 Virtual Machine but I got a crash after the intro. Any chance to get a Mac build? smile

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #43, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 22:45 9 years ago
    @qfulviov, thank mate smile ... Sorry not at the moment. But If I can get the game funded at least for the 1st goal then I will release e demo on also mac and with a longer version covering the fallowing sections which will be a gift for the kickstarter bakers.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #44, by afrlmeThursday, 24. September 2015, 22:55 9 years ago
    Hey, I am really intrigued by the game, I have tried to run it under a Windows 10 Virtual Machine but I got a crash after the intro. Any chance to get a Mac build? smile

Have you tried running as admin with compatibility mode set to a previous version of windows?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #45, by fulviovThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:08 9 years ago

Have you tried running as admin with compatibility mode set to a previous version of windows?

Yep, tried pretty much everything.
    It crashes immediately after the intro movie, after selecting new game

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #46, by afrlmeThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:35 9 years ago
    Why is everyone jumping ship to windows 10? Is it even any good? I'm always wary of new versions of windows. I'd still be on windows '98 if I had my way! grin

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #47, by fulviovThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:43 9 years ago
    Well in my case I had to buy a new Windows license to install on a new Virtual Machine, and Windows 10 is the only version you can buy from the Microsoft Store right now. Seems nice enough from the 20 minutes I spent on it smile

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #48, by fulviovThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:46 9 years ago
    @AkcayKaraazmak: I understand you want to push people into supporting your kickstarter, but that is what demos are for - if you want Mac and Linux users to support you, you should give us a chance to see how good the game actually is smile
    Also, it is a one click deployment with Visionaire, so I assume there is no extra work involved, right?

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #49, by afrlmeThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:47 9 years ago
    I'm guessing the issue is likely a combined case of windows 10 & running it through a VM. I think VS has enough issues with windows 10 on an actual pc, never mind one being run on a mac through vm.

Hopefully the devs will be able to make VS more compatible for the next update.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #50, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:53 9 years ago
    @ fulviov, you are right mate but all my computers are pc and dont have any chance to try it on mac and clean the bugs etc... I tried on win 10 and make the compatiple mode to win 8 and it worked.

Great Poster

440 Posts