Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #10, by tristan-kangTuesday, 22. September 2015, 19:19 9 years ago
    I'll share this to my people.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #11, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 22. September 2015, 19:34 9 years ago
    Thank so much DEshine!

@Lee, no body has prefered to donate on paypal yet all via KickStarter. And as the links already in the demo menu so I just wont bother with that grin.. By the way did u play the game?

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #12, by ke4Tuesday, 22. September 2015, 19:54 9 years ago
    It looks pretty good! Good luck :-)

I tried the demo for a while, didn't get far yet, but it's nice the graphic is really profesional.
    but the music is too loud i can't hear the character voice.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #13, by afrlmeTuesday, 22. September 2015, 20:02 9 years ago
    Thank so much DEshine!

@Lee, no body has prefered to donate on paypal yet all via KickStarter. And as the links already in the demo menu so I just wont bother with that grin.. By the way did u play the game?

No, was planning on trying it out later on. wink
    Been a wee bit busy the day.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #14, by tristan-kangTuesday, 22. September 2015, 20:48 9 years ago
    I played it briefly. I really like the atmosphere of the game. It's hard to see the games like this these days.

By the way, in the demo trailer, hospital scene reminds me of Jacob's ladder. I watched the movie and it was pretty impressive. The one of best movies I've seen in my life.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #15, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 22. September 2015, 20:53 9 years ago
    Thank you mate! ... I've heard that movie but havent watched it yet. Today I gonna find it on internet and watch it! Very currios smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #16, by tristan-kangTuesday, 22. September 2015, 21:06 9 years ago
    You will be surprised if you found the scene in the movie. lol

I'm also finding the clip from the movie but only a few people uploaded it through Youtube and none of it shows what I want to indicate. roll

Seems like I should buy the movie.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #17, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 23. September 2015, 00:33 9 years ago
    I found it on torrents smile I can send it to you if you like bro.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #18, by tristan-kangWednesday, 23. September 2015, 00:38 9 years ago
    Ah. The torrent. My old buddy and it's still my buddy. lol

But here is public... just saying. grin

NM. I just found the sub version of my language.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #19, by afrlmeWednesday, 23. September 2015, 18:56 9 years ago
    Had a little play on this last night. I died near the beginning! oh dear. cry

I like the camera perspectives you've got going on. Remind me of early survival horror games, Silent Hill, Alone in the Dark & so on.

I think you've done a good job getting the 3D character system to work for you & the character & graphics all seem to tie in together quite nicely.

The story & overall direction of the game looks like it's going to be quite dark from the tiny bit I've played. In my case I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing! grin

Right onto the bugs... Actually I've only spotted the one (from the tiny bit I've played so far). I hadn't bothered saving the game & well didn't realize I could die in the game, so when I clicked on new game & went into the next room where the light was out, the light switch object was disabled, the light was out, but I could still proceed to the next room.

& now onto the critique! twist

Left clicking on things multiple times in a row made the character speak multiple times in a row & all bundled together.

There doesn't appear to be any subtitles & the quiet / echoing voice was a little hard to understand at times.

In regards to the save system I think you should create special objects in the game like in the resident evil series that allow you to save at those points only or create an autosave system that creates checkpoints for each chapter. The first suggestion would make the game more suspenseful as the player would have to look for next save position while not knowing what's around the next corner.

My final critique / observation is more of an aesthetic personal preference. Some may consider this a bit overkill, but due to your changing perspective in scenes, you can see things that are in other views of the scene. For example in one scene you can open a drawer in cabinet that has the bird cage placed on top of it (if I remember correctly), which stays open permanently afterwards, but if you go back to previous scene / perspective the drawer is shut. It's all about attention to detail, but as I said... I may be being a bit well... over expectant when it comes to this. wink

Anyway, keep on doing what you are doing, as it's nice to see VS being used to make something other than your standard p+c adventure game.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #20, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 23. September 2015, 20:24 9 years ago
    Thanks Lee, cause this is the alpha version and even I checked many times always bugs come out smile ... But thank you for telling me those bugs. I didnt see them! The most bothering thing for me is the character's shadow and the rotation animation which I'm really not happy about. Sure if the game will be funded then everything will be much much better. I wrote down the bugs you wrote.

Hey and if you make finish the game then write mea also smile

Great Poster

440 Posts