Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #50, by AkcayKaraazmakThursday, 24. September 2015, 23:53 9 years ago
    @ fulviov, you are right mate but all my computers are pc and dont have any chance to try it on mac and clean the bugs etc... I tried on win 10 and make the compatiple mode to win 8 and it worked.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #51, by afrlmeFriday, 25. September 2015, 00:04 9 years ago
    @ fulviov, you are right mate but all my computers are pc and dont have any chance to try it on mac and clean the bugs etc... I tried on win 10 and make the compatiple mode to win 8 and it worked.

I believe the problem is that he's using windows 10 + a VM on a mac. & yes it helps if you have a mac to export a mac build from. It doesn't always work correctly when exporting mac builds on a windows machine. If you know anyone with a mac or maybe another user on here with a mac then you could always get them to export a build for you.

David (BigStans) might be willing to export a mac build for you (or myself even) but only if you are willing to send us your ved & resource files.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #52, by tristan-kangFriday, 25. September 2015, 01:37 9 years ago
    They really have to fix the issue related to Windows 10.

Sometimes the function I made ingame doesn't work when I launch. But it worked (I didn't touch anything after that) after I restarted my computer.

I don't know why this ever happen to me. lol

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #53, by AkcayKaraazmakFriday, 25. September 2015, 16:51 9 years ago
    I will soon make the mac version. I'll do it with a friend with his mac. If will be some proplems then I will ask help from you Lee for building it on mac

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #54, by DilatedSaturday, 26. September 2015, 08:08 9 years ago
    Yo man, you don't need a mac to build it, you can export it on your PC. You should be pretty safe for bugs too, but always good to play test.

Forum Fan

149 Posts

• #55, by AkcayKaraazmakSaturday, 26. September 2015, 10:56 9 years ago
    @Jacob, thank you bro, so can it be stable if you built to mac from pc?

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #56, by afrlmeSaturday, 26. September 2015, 11:35 9 years ago
    I tried exporting on my windows laptop then copying over to my mac, but it didn't want to run for some reason. When I tried exporting from the mac directly it ran without any problems.

It's possible to compile on a windows machine, but no guarantees it will or will not work correctly. It's just a recommendation that you should compile it on a machine with the same OS as your target OS.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #57, by AkcayKaraazmakSaturday, 26. September 2015, 12:19 9 years ago
    Hmm, allright Lee. Its better to guarantee it

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #58, by afrlmeSaturday, 26. September 2015, 12:28 9 years ago
    Just export it, upload it & someone with a mac will let you know if it works or not. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #59, by tristan-kangSunday, 27. September 2015, 01:46 9 years ago
    By the way, have you considered to upload your game to Steam Greenlight?

You actually have a great trailer video and screenshots that will attract attentions a lot. The more people watches the trailer in Steam, the more people will donate the money to you and probably share the videos to others.

This is just the optional choice.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #60, by AkcayKaraazmakSunday, 27. September 2015, 02:38 9 years ago
    The Physical box copy of The Dark Inside Me on release.

Great Poster

440 Posts