Visionaire Studio Bugfix Update 5.0.5

• #60, by MachtnixWednesday, 06. June 2018, 17:20 6 years ago
    It looks better the character moves arms or head while speaking, so I prefer loop animations including the whole body. That means exactly dubbing isn't possible. 
    In a 3D-programm like Maya or Cinema you could make jigsaw-animation: you can crossfade all movements without breaks, calls oneself "nonlinear animation". I think today all CG animations use this way.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #61, by afrlmeWednesday, 06. June 2018, 17:35 6 years ago
    Aye, it's possible with 2D games that use sprite part animations as they allow you to control various different layers of an animation independently from one another. VS has support for Spine, but I don't think Simon programmed in any way to swap out sprite parts yet.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #62, by MachtnixWednesday, 06. June 2018, 17:52 6 years ago
    Interesting, but I have no idea how this works. Last year I tried to use single faces with facial expressions (@Sebastian: yeah, NOT mimic...), but it was terrible to fit together. It looks like an old movie using a stuttering projection screen...

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #63, by afrlmeWednesday, 06. June 2018, 19:42 6 years ago
    Just created a quick & dirty guide for Rhubarb & setting up VS for lip sync. Windows only unfortunately, but I'm sure you can do a bit of googling on how to use command line on linix or mac.

I've written out some basic instructions & included a couple of quick reference videos (no narration mind as they are just for reference).

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #64, by dionousWednesday, 06. June 2018, 20:48 6 years ago

Forum Fan

246 Posts

• #65, by afrlmeWednesday, 06. June 2018, 21:03 6 years ago
    Sebastian has just created me a mini-guide for the mac for it. Will update the page after I've eaten dinner.

Mac instructions added to the wiki page. Don't know if it's understandable. I just copied what Sebastian provided me with.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #66, by darren-beckettThursday, 07. June 2018, 10:14 6 years ago
    Last night, I did some more testing of the new LipSync using Rhubarb created TSV files.

My conclusion: It's an excellent solution.

If you have a clear voice for Rhubarb to create a TSV file, then visionaire will play it perfectly.

If the voice in the WAV file isn't too clear, with distinct changes in the Phonemes, then you can edit the tsv files manually to compensate.
    But you should only need to do this if your character is big enough on screen that you can see their lips clearly.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #67, by MachtnixThursday, 07. June 2018, 13:35 6 years ago
    Just created a quick & dirty guide for Rhubarb & setting up VS for lip sync. Windows only unfortunately, but I'm sure you can do a bit of googling on how to use command line on linix or mac.

I've written out some basic instructions & included a couple of quick reference videos (no narration mind as they are just for reference).
    Well done, thank you. I didn't try it out, but I will. I have to make some speech animations first, which run in R 5  smile

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #68, by afrlmeThursday, 07. June 2018, 13:55 6 years ago

Well done, thank you. I didn't try it out, but I will. I have to make some speech animations first, which run in R 5  smile

Indeed, though the script Sebastian has been working on should probably work in 4.2.5 as well & he based it on the TSV files generated by Rhubarb, so er... aye.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #69, by NigecThursday, 07. June 2018, 17:49 6 years ago
    I have a problem since the last windows 10  update were VS and games it creates will only run as a admin :/
    I'm not aware of anything changing unless MS have dicked about with something

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #70, by SimonSThursday, 07. June 2018, 18:05 6 years ago
    What happens if you don't start as admin?

Thread Captain

1581 Posts