Visionaire Studio 4.2.5 Released

• #50, by tristan-kangTuesday, 01. December 2015, 23:10 9 years ago
    Mcdonald, ha?

British Mcdonald isn't good as my country's one. Even menus are smaller than ours. The bad thing is I should get used to it...

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #51, by afrlmeTuesday, 01. December 2015, 23:38 9 years ago
    haha should come to Spain for fast food. Pish poor!

Spain: Burger King XXL meal option = large fries & large drink (regular burger size)

UK: Same as above but you get a burger that's so pumped with stuff it starts expanding when it comes into contact with air after opening the box! Great stuff. At least that's what I remember from the last time I ate burger king in the UK which was about 12+ years ago.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #52, by tristan-kangTuesday, 01. December 2015, 23:49 9 years ago
    Damn! Spain..

I really like Churros. A lot of crispy, healthy snacks out there, whereas UK only have sweet as heck snacks... I used to love sweet things but having only sweet dessert option(in UK) giving me boredom.

If only I have more money to have a tour European area... Spain and France are the place I want to visit but I hope I have a chance to go Sweden as well.

I didn't visit Burger King(UK version) yet. I need to try to eat something in there in 2015 or 2016. Let's see how your description hangs together for the menu!

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #53, by afrlmeWednesday, 02. December 2015, 00:41 9 years ago
    haha. I find the food here bland to be honest. Every supermarket you go in has the same food selection except for maybe a few different products. Go in a UK supermarket & you are spoiled for choice. Damn you'd fit quarter of a Spanish supermarket into just the chocolate & sweets & drinks section of a UK supermarket.

I'm a big fan of sandwiches, but over in Spain the meat selection is piss poor. Jamon, jamon, jamon, more bloody jamon, oh look boiled jamon, ooh turkey (boiled) > I hate boiled meat, ah wait there's some roast turkey (where's the bloody roast chicken, beef & pork?). Ah wait there isn't any! cry

I want roast beef... silver side, topside, corned > I don't care. & tons of scotch eggs & tikka pasties, with a side order of cheese & onion pasties & sausage rolls & warburtons bread (spanish sliced bread is tiny, dry & so full of preservatives it will last for about a month after opening it).

Some foods I do like eating in Spain: Fajitas... no wait, that's mexican. Oh well...

Poking fun aside. There are some ok foods here too though. Paella is quite nice (meat only one - I can't eat the seafood version). & home cooked tortilla is really nice too, but it's rare you will ever get that when you eat out these days. They have a nice pudding too, which I believe is called Budin or something along those lines. It always sounds like they say PUDDING to me, so that's what I call it. Pudding is / was one of my brothers favorite words. Never said what's for dinner. Was always: what's for pudding!? wink

Hah! This thread is getting quite chaotic now.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #54, by tristan-kangWednesday, 02. December 2015, 01:14 9 years ago
    It's better keeping the forum alive with posts(excluding got spammed by game-unrelated advertisement).

The dead forum literally has no posts since the period. roll

Oh Jamon. The pork hind legs. I didn't know they serve it with 'boiled' condition rather than just fried or grilled. But still in here where I live most meats' condition I've encountered were fried, steamed, smoked, roasted.

I REALLY WANT TO EAT GRILLED MEAT BECAUSE I LIKE GRILLED FLAVOUR, NOT ROAST BUT GRILLED WITH BARBECUE OR AT LEAST PUT SPICY FLAVOUR ON IT.

Oh, I ordered English Breakfast at pub. But guess what? The sausages were... steamed and even Bacon was steamed as well. These two tastes GREAT if they were GRILLED.

Ah, roast beef. I can eat that for Christmas special menu at pub. Roast beef or turkey with a lot of things made with potatoes. Yeah, there are really a lot of potatoes. smile

(spanish sliced bread is tiny, dry & so full of preservatives it will last for about a month after opening it).

Over preservative... lol

Too bad you can't eat seafood version. I heard Spain has a lot of seafood menus. Not like here only fried fish(fish and chips) fried scampi served in restaurants(there are other ones as well but these two seem common in general).

You also can't eat sushi... as well. roll

It always sounds like they say PUDDING to me, so that's what I call it. Pudding is / was one of my brothers favorite words. Never said what's for dinner. Was always: what's for pudding!?wink

What I ate for dessert at pub was traditional steamed pudding with vanilla custard which is they call it "SPOTTED DICK".

Its taste was nice. But I noticed they normally put raisins and carrots to... things made with flour.

Speaking about carrots, the carrot cake is actually tasty. I love it.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #55, by YarekWednesday, 02. December 2015, 05:18 9 years ago
    Lol to be honest I was just checking if the new update was good enough to change the version of my project but then I started to read your discussion about spanish food and I found it quite interesting.

As a spanish guy myself ( Barcelona ) I can say that we believe that we have one of the best cuisines in the world and this is one of the few things we are really proud of.

What I think is the key point here is that we have a lot of different dishes because every region of Spain has several unique dishes.

BTW I just realized I don't know any spanish developer using Visionaire Studio apart from me. Are any of you spanish?

10 Posts

• #56, by LebosteinWednesday, 02. December 2015, 07:38 9 years ago
    Did you know that none of the successful daedalic games has a character rotation?

Did you know that every successful Lucas Arts game has a (simple) character rotation?

PS: Personally I need no character rotation, but this point is a strange justification....

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #57, by marvelWednesday, 02. December 2015, 10:53 9 years ago
    but this point is a strange justification....

It's not at all a justification. It is an argument that good adventure games don't necessarily need a turn. And we already have a simple turn based on lua script. Just for clarification smile

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #58, by afrlmeWednesday, 02. December 2015, 12:52 9 years ago
    By Yarek...

Lol to be honest I was just checking if the new update was good enough to change the version of my project but then I started to read your discussion about spanish food and I found it quite interesting.

As a spanish guy myself ( Barcelona ) I can say that we believe that we have one of the best cuisines in the world and this is one of the few things we are really proud of.

What I think is the key point here is that we have a lot of different dishes because every region of Spain has several unique dishes.

BTW I just realized I don't know any spanish developer using Visionaire Studio apart from me. Are any of you spanish?

There are a few Spanish developers on here. Last year a team of Spanish developers tried to kickstart a game called Waldemar the Warlock - I think that is what it was called? Then again my memory is not that great so it could have been you? Anyway... there are a few other developers too.

By the way I have been living in Almeria (currently) for the past 2 years (almost), before that I lived for around 10 years in the Granada region. I quite liked Granada city, but it's really cold up where we lived. Much prefer living down here as I am currently in a t-shirt & it's december. If I was still up in Granada I would have probably been wearing 2 pairs of jeans, about 10 t-shirts & 20 jumpers about now. razz

As for the food... yes there are probably other nice things, but I probably don't remember the names of everything I've tried. One thing I do like about Spain is that you often get a tapa when you order a drink, which is something you would probably never get in the UK unless you managed to find an actual tapas bar / restaurant. I never saw one where I am from in the UK though.

I think for me the biggest problem is that a lot of the food is very orientated around cured meats & seafood dishes. & lots & lots of salt & olive oil.

haha. That's what every country believes, just like every country believes their country is the best (except america, as they like to constantly remind everyone that their country is the best). Personally I'm very picky when it comes to what I will eat. Always have been, but I like bits of food from loads of different countries. I'm the same when it comes to food from the UK too (I mean actual food from the UK, not the 50 million different adopted dishes due to having one of the most overly populated countries in the world full).

@ Deshini: the boiled meat thing is actually British thing. York ham. It repulses me because you open the packet & it looks like it's often swimming in water or something. I am a big fan of roast & grilled (or bbq) meats myself, especially steak. Couple minutes each side on high with some caramelized onions & some smoky bbq sauce, yes please! grin

As for spotted dick, that's one of those things you get on the school dinner menu & at first you wonder why it's on there... & then you wonder why anyone would be mad enough to call it a spotted dick in the first place.

P.P.S: I think VS should have a food category. - joke.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #59, by darren-beckettWednesday, 02. December 2015, 14:23 9 years ago
    How can we now iterate through all the Characters using Lua?
    Something like this:
    chars = getObject("Game.Characters")
    for c in chars do
    	print("Char: " .. c.CharacterName)
    end

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #60, by tristan-kangWednesday, 02. December 2015, 15:41 9 years ago
    There are a few Spanish developers on here. Last year a team of Spanish developers tried to kickstart a game called Waldemar the Warlock - I think that is what it was called? Then again my memory is not that great so it could have been you? Anyway... there are a few other developers too.

http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/the-red-hat-po...!!/

One thing I do like about Spain is that you often get a tapa when you order a drink, which is something you would probably never get in the UK unless you managed to find an actual tapas bar / restaurant. I never saw one where I am from in the UK though.

There is tapas restaurant near me now but I should pay for each tapas.... lol

P.P.S: I think VS should have a food category. - joke.

When VS getting really popular, then the forum should be bigger and categorised suitably.

After that, it would be great there is sub-forum named 'social life stuffs' thing. smile

Great Poster

267 Posts