Visionaire Studio 4.2.5 Released

• #40, by marvelTuesday, 01. December 2015, 14:15 9 years ago
    I tell you something you don't wanna hear: Turning animations are nice for a few BUT annoying for many. Did you know that none of the successful daedalic games has a character rotation? Not even Stasis has one. Nor Paradigm or "The Inner world"... smile Nevertheless, the people do love these games. Don't underestimate the effect of a direct control.

Such things (Turns) are nice for a special kind of adventure games - the realistic ones. And I believe almost no one here is going to create a realistic adventure game at the moment.

But, anyways... for sure we want to create a solution for a better and more realistic walkcycle. We're at it... but it just needs time and there are several open construction sites at the moment.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #41, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 01. December 2015, 14:44 9 years ago
    I think the best way to make them turn is to use 3d characters.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #42, by marvelTuesday, 01. December 2015, 15:09 9 years ago
    Is this a Windows-only update? If I try to download the Mac version, the download of 4.2 starts...

You're right. We gonna fix this and tell you when it's available.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #43, by ke4Tuesday, 01. December 2015, 15:11 9 years ago
    The character looks weird with artifacts when it's scaled down but it looks smooth when i scale the picture down in the image viewer. Is it something that can be eventually changed at some point or is there some reason why is this happening?

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #44, by darren-beckettTuesday, 01. December 2015, 16:41 9 years ago
    Because v4.2.5 will no longer creates an android apk, could you please make v4.2 (Full version) available again for download?

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #45, by gustyTuesday, 01. December 2015, 20:01 9 years ago
    Did you know that none of the successful daedalic games has a character rotation?

Because Daedalic use cartoon/hand-drawn style => so they don't need smooth turns obviously.

Not even Stasis has one.

And it hurted Stasis. Even there is a small character, you can see those unnaturally crampy movements when character turns. And If I'm not mistaken, Pyke wanted to have turns in his game - by he simply couldn't because you guys still haven't figure out how to do it technically.

And I believe almost no one here is going to create a realistic adventure game at the moment.

Akcay Karaazmak is working on realistic game. I would like to create a realistic adventure game. But for this moment - I can't. Same as Pyke couldn't. Maybe I should do it as first person game or I should learn Unity. I don't know. And I understand you guys won't take your time and make realistic turns because only one or two people wants it. But I remember there were at least 5 people on this forum in the past who wanted character rotation as well (I remember one guy actually wrote very long script with little cars). Those memebers are no longer here - which is interesting smile. Maybe they wanted to do realistic adventure games but they simply cannot.

Today, little kids are learning 3D animation. You can't possibly think that in the future, majority will be making cartoon adventure like Daedalic.

for sure we want to create a solution for a better and more realistic walkcycle. We're at it...

Good, thanks. Let's hope smile

Forum Fan

159 Posts

• #46, by marvelTuesday, 01. December 2015, 20:59 9 years ago
    Guys, this is not a thread about character movements. Please create one, name it "Walkcycle and Character Movement Concept 4 Visionaire", discuss it, find a solution that is fine for everybody and create a detailed visual design concept. Then send it to our hands. smile

BTW: Mac Download is working again. We also have a look to the export.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #47, by JoelTuesday, 01. December 2015, 21:34 9 years ago

Sorry i have to be OT but i just wanted to say that i must be hungry because i read McDonalds is working again grin

Anyway, thanks for the Update!

Forum Fan

129 Posts

• #48, by marvelTuesday, 01. December 2015, 22:02 9 years ago
    Lol... great, Joel grinD

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #49, by afrlmeTuesday, 01. December 2015, 22:42 9 years ago

Sorry i have to be OT but i just wanted to say that i must be hungry because i read McDonalds is working again grin

Anyway, thanks for the Update!

I mis-read it as that also, but I refrained from mentioning anything as I consider McDonald's to be completely :puke: bleh!

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #50, by tristan-kangTuesday, 01. December 2015, 23:10 9 years ago
    Mcdonald, ha?

British Mcdonald isn't good as my country's one. Even menus are smaller than ours. The bad thing is I should get used to it...

Great Poster

267 Posts