Release date for 4.3?

• #100, by sebastianSaturday, 27. August 2016, 18:11 8 years ago
    As mentioned from AFRLme in the 4.2.5 thread (http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/visionaire-stu...) i would love to see a data structure field to enable/disable gamepad controls eternally
    and what also would be great is to have a possibility to fill in the gamepad name from the gamecontrollersdb.txt into a variable field to do further stuff (gamepad related gamepad images for example)

kind regards
    Sebastian

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #101, by afrlmeSaturday, 27. August 2016, 18:34 8 years ago
    @ Sebastian: I'm sure he could probably add that to the getProperty function as that's the function that we can use for gettings osx, surface resolution & other information from. I think it would make sense to include it there.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #102, by sebastianMonday, 05. September 2016, 08:21 8 years ago
    any new screenshots from the editor to drool on? smile

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #103, by joemidThursday, 08. September 2016, 16:26 8 years ago
    These were in the Oak Island Kickstarter update-

87 Posts

• #104, by sebastianThursday, 08. September 2016, 18:13 8 years ago
    uuuuuuuhhhhhh~
    So the big icons on the side will be exchanged by the top menu bar ?

(btw are there any tutotials or even "templates " out there for the particle system? Like "how to make a fire out of particles"?)

EDIT: Where is the "loading screen" section gone? D:

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #105, by SimonSThursday, 08. September 2016, 20:26 8 years ago
    The icons are now in the top bar, right. The particle systems are getting reworked, there will be templates. The current particle system was not flexible enough.
    The loading section is not needed anymore, as there is only an image shown, which will be in the game settings tab.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #106, by sebastianThursday, 08. September 2016, 22:36 8 years ago
    ah, cool smile So there will still be Icons for the top bar? (im asking because they are not shown in the screens; only text"links")

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #107, by doroboMonday, 12. September 2016, 11:43 8 years ago
    Working particle preview! yay! WHEN?! I will get a paid version when this lands.

46 Posts

• #108, by LebosteinWednesday, 14. September 2016, 08:05 8 years ago
    anything planed about music playing? I love adventures or games with fading in / out or changing tracks while playing. For example: the more one approaches the target, the more instruments begin to play. A simple implementation would be to change the ogg file while playing (fading out the one and fading in the other at the same position)... maybe multi track ogg files are possible? I don't know.

The last game I saw (or heard) with such music changing was "Tahira" (http://www.tahiragame.com/)

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #109, by sebastianWednesday, 14. September 2016, 12:24 8 years ago
    fading and multiple music streams would be awesome smile

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #110, by afrlmeWednesday, 14. September 2016, 14:31 8 years ago
    @ Lebostein: you could technically do that with the openAL sound engine with Lua script as it's possible to use tweening to control a value, which means you could essentially fade in/out sound inside of a loop. You can also control at what time in milliseconds that a sound file should play from. You can also control balance, volume & loop. Can't remember if there are any other controllable parameters off the top of my head though.

I second multiple background audio tracks per scene. There should be at least 4 slots available. 1 for music & 3 for ambient sounds.

Imperator

7278 Posts