Release date for 4.3?

• #80, by sebastianWednesday, 22. June 2016, 14:40 8 years ago
    The best workarount would be to use a bitmapfont which looks like your TTF and use it instead of tricking the engine with negative spaces.
    What font did you use (name). I could test out some things if you like (im not a dev or anything, just trying to help and analyze the issue)

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #81, by bananeisafreeWednesday, 22. June 2016, 17:09 8 years ago
    The police I used can be found here :

http://www.dafont.com/fr/pixeltype.font

And yes as I said, I ended up using a .png. I just like spending time trying to find stupid ways to obtain what I want...
    I've lost a lot of time that way... for many things ! :p

Forum Fan

120 Posts

• #82, by sebastianSaturday, 25. June 2016, 12:54 8 years ago
    I just tested your font and had no problems with it...
    4.2.5 on OSX 10.11.5
    Font settings:
    Size 16
    no borders
    shadow 1x, 1y
    letterspacing: 0
    linespacing: -5

tested with up to 4 lines of text at once

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #83, by MachtnixSunday, 26. June 2016, 19:37 8 years ago
    Vielleicht gibt es ja doch einen Unterschied zwischen Mac und Windows...? ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #84, by sebastianSunday, 26. June 2016, 22:50 8 years ago
    Maybe someone could test the same settings as mine with Windows.
    Or Bananeisafree could tell us his settings he used...

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #85, by ke4Saturday, 23. July 2016, 09:28 8 years ago
    Any update on this release?

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #86, by sebastianMonday, 25. July 2016, 08:10 8 years ago
    I would also love to see some information on how is everything going... :3

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #87, by LebosteinMonday, 25. July 2016, 13:19 8 years ago
    The development/roadmap of Visionaire seems very non-transparent. I do not know what to make of it. At the moment I am try to switch to the open source engine Godot. There are some nice examples to build Adventures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpMDmTtGFss (download link of the example below the video)

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #88, by afrlmeMonday, 25. July 2016, 13:33 8 years ago
    Hopefully the new editor will be available sometime in the near future. Thomas mentioned to me the other day about there being a beta test sometime over the coming weeks, but didn't say whether it would be private or public - he didn't have much time to talk.

The new IDE as far as I can tell looks a little like the godot engine you've shown in that youtube video (style wise in both color & the blocks on the edges). The whole point in the new editor is to make it more workflow efficient & more flexible, plus... no more bloody wxWidgets, so with any luck it will be completely - or in the very least almost completely - bug free. wink

Aye, the devs don't really like to share their development stuff publicly, as the list of feature requests & what they are doing is constantly expanding (requests from you lot, requests from me & Thomas & Daedalic, etc). All in all it's keeping Simon really busy!

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #89, by marvelMonday, 25. July 2016, 13:36 8 years ago
    Alright, here's a status report:

Everything is going very well at the moment. We're not just making great progress with the brandnew Visionaire Studio Editor, but also creating a new website with great functions that will support you and your projects. During the development of all this we are also in close contact to daedalic entertainment, who support us with their knowledge and invest into the team.

We're just not having so much time to post regularly, because of these really big construction sites. But it will be worth the wait! smile

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #90, by joemidMonday, 25. July 2016, 16:43 8 years ago
    Can't wait! Keep up the good work!

87 Posts