Release date for 4.3?

• #110, by afrlmeWednesday, 14. September 2016, 14:31 8 years ago
    @ Lebostein: you could technically do that with the openAL sound engine with Lua script as it's possible to use tweening to control a value, which means you could essentially fade in/out sound inside of a loop. You can also control at what time in milliseconds that a sound file should play from. You can also control balance, volume & loop. Can't remember if there are any other controllable parameters off the top of my head though.

I second multiple background audio tracks per scene. There should be at least 4 slots available. 1 for music & 3 for ambient sounds.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #111, by LebosteinWednesday, 05. October 2016, 14:36 8 years ago
    What about Windows XP? It is further supported in 4.3? I have only Mac OS and Linux and I run Visionaire in a Virtual Machine with XP...

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #112, by afrlmeWednesday, 05. October 2016, 14:45 8 years ago
    I have no idea about if xp will still be supported but just a quick heads up: you can purchase a OEM keys from opiumpulses for windows 7, 8 or 10 pro editions for anything from about €10 up to €20. They have limited stock & the prices fluctuate up & down. I ended up paying about €9 for windows 8.1.

I installed it on both my current laptop after downgrading from windows 10 & on my mac mini on Parallels VM.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #113, by sebastianWednesday, 05. October 2016, 18:14 8 years ago
    Just a question regarding the user interface of the editor in 4.3:
    Will it be possible to organize multiple views in tabs? Like having a script open and a scene or game options tab and switching between these two (or more) easily?

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #114, by sebastianFriday, 28. October 2016, 18:05 8 years ago
    "bump" 
    any news regarding my question? or at all updates about the development ? 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #115, by SimonSSaturday, 29. October 2016, 00:59 8 years ago
    Man, I'm currently getting nowhere... All hands full.

So:
    Audio system: I planned some advanced things but they will probably not be released before next year.
    XP: The player keeps support, the editor might drop support.

@sebastian: It's planned but I don't know if it will be in the first release. Currently the current object is remembered and reselected if you change the workspace. Thomas is asking me about multi-screen support but that's really complicated...

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #116, by fulviovWednesday, 02. November 2016, 12:24 8 years ago
    Hi Visionaire devs,
    3D model import is currently broken in the latest build.

I was wondering if this is going to be addressed in the new version?

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #117, by darren-beckettFriday, 11. November 2016, 23:18 8 years ago
    Can you confirm which bugs will be fixed in the new release?

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #118, by ke4Friday, 18. November 2016, 09:23 8 years ago
    Will there be a dark version of the GUI in the new version of Visionaire?

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #119, by LebosteinSaturday, 19. November 2016, 00:42 8 years ago
    The feature I prefer is: Every coordinate to click (way points, image positions....) should be also editable by input numbers in a label field.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #120, by MachtnixSaturday, 19. November 2016, 03:25 8 years ago
    I have no idea about if xp will still be supported but just a quick heads up: you can purchase a OEM keys from opiumpulses for windows 7, 8 or 10 pro editions for anything from about €10 up to €20. They have limited stock & the prices fluctuate up & down. I ended up paying about €9 for windows 8.1.

I installed it on both my current laptop after downgrading from windows 10 & on my mac mini on Parallels VM.
    You are right, win 7 or 8 can be quite cheap, but I need my XP for other older programs. My favourite game "Riven"(the latest DVD version!!) don't run on win7 (the reaason is this old worse apple quicktime thing...) . And other 3D-tools neither.
    But Visionaire runs well on win 7 64 bit, so I have two systems to use, but it's very uncomfortable to switch. XP is my "mother" home system :-) :-) I have tried to build an intranet between xp and win7 - but I failed. I can't stand this user rights bullshit... Win7 don't find XP. It's only possible with ONE file on win7 for exchange all data. Shit!

I hope  the 4.3-Visionaire editor has more possibilities (f.e. to delete a line and put it into another part). Thats the most worst thing: to write, delete and insert EVERY block manually twice or maybe 20 times... I have a lot of unused containers for all cases in my games to use the right one I want sometimes ...

Thread Captain

1097 Posts