Visionaire Studio 4.0 beta is published

• #20, by afrlmeTuesday, 01. April 2014, 13:56 10 years ago
    That memory optimization is absolutely insane... I can't even believe that it's working so well !
    In the previous version, one of my heaviest scenes went up to 1500mb, and now it went down to 160mb.
    I was getting depressed cause I feared I had to limit my scenes and downsize all my work, but now it's no longer the case, and I'll be able to do even crazier things !
    This will totally change my life cry (<tears of joy)
    Thanks guys for this insane work on optimization ! (and now I'm curious to see how that new walk system works too).

Can't wait to throw that money at you now ! grin

@ ZeroZero: I started working on the documentation for the characters tab section yesterday - It is just a quick overview of what everything is for & I've not finished yet. I have been waiting until the release of 4.0 before I started documenting most of the editor sections because things have been changed since 3.7.1, & I didn't know what would end up staying in the final build.

http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Characters_Tab -- as I said, I've still a lot more to add to it. Will be adding more later on the day, after I've finished tidying up the house & sorted out the bloody menagerie of animals.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #21, by patolandTuesday, 01. April 2014, 16:22 10 years ago
    Absolutely fantastic!! I was waiting for it so much!!!!! Congratulations and thank you guys!!!

23 Posts

• #22, by gustyTuesday, 01. April 2014, 16:49 10 years ago
    Also thanks to AFRLme for working on documentation.

Forum Fan

159 Posts

• #23, by DilatedWednesday, 02. April 2014, 12:23 10 years ago
    You guys are the best! awesome work!

I haven't been this happy for a long while. ahhhhhhhhhh thanks again!

Forum Fan

149 Posts

• #24, by afrlmeWednesday, 02. April 2014, 14:56 10 years ago
    @ zerozero & anyone else who is interest: here's a quick example of a fairly realistic walk cycle with the new walk system. Check the gif below - it's not perfect as I just sorted it quickly for adding to the wiki, so I haven't spent ages making sure each animation frame is 100% correctly aligned, but it's near enough. wink

http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/images/e/e0/Walk_cycle_anim.gif

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #25, by thepixelhunterWednesday, 02. April 2014, 14:57 10 years ago
    just wanted to say thanks to you guys for all the hard work - I'd been waiting for an engine for Mac literally for years, and it's working great so far. After only a couple hours I've been able to do what it was taking me weeks to figure out in other programs. Cheers!

1 Posts

• #26, by DamianoWednesday, 02. April 2014, 17:56 10 years ago
    This is great! Thanks for your effort visionaire-team! The walkcycle animation of my character only has 7 frames. But at least it looks more realistic than the 3.7 hover-version. I always wondered why most of the low-resolution AGS games could have this "more professional" look. Now for me a little dream came true.

35 Posts

• #27, by afrlmeWednesday, 02. April 2014, 18:21 10 years ago
    This is great! Thanks for your effort visionaire-team! The walkcycle animation of my character only has 7 frames. But at least it looks more realistic than the 3.7 hover-version. I always wondered why most of the low-resolution AGS games could have this "more professional" look. Now for me a little dream came true.

Shouldn't take too long to get the walk animation looking right then... wink
    Zak was not so easy as it has 14 frames & they aren't all correctly aligned & I've no reason to open them up in photoshop whatever & edit each frame or drag them into alignment via the animation editor at the minute, that is.

Getting the front & back walk cycles to look realistic is the hardest part as you are trying to offset the character correctly but it's sometimes hard to tell which is the onion skin frame & the actual animation frame; especially when the character has semi-transparent shadow around his feet.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #28, by Simon_ASASunday, 06. April 2014, 12:38 10 years ago
    Just wondering if the "Display narration text" still works fine for everyone? I'm using it often in my game, and I had no problem with it in VS3, but since VS4beta the text doesn't display at all in the game.
    (The old scenes I had made with VS3 still work and keep showing the text though, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.)

And the thumbnails don't appear anymore when saving roll

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #29, by pandyMonday, 07. April 2014, 07:37 10 years ago
    Hi, I was wondering if we know when the full version of VS4 will be released (the one that will allow for compiling projects). Is there any news on a release date for that?

27 Posts

• #30, by AlexMonday, 07. April 2014, 10:08 10 years ago
    Just wondering if the "Display narration text" still works fine for everyone? I'm using it often in my game, and I had no problem with it in VS3, but since VS4beta the text doesn't display at all in the game.

can you reproduce this with the Demogame? if so then please send me your modified ved file and I'll have a look at it. If not then maybe you can create a small test project that I can analyze.

And the thumbnails don't appear anymore when saving roll

this problem was reported in another thread and is already fixed. just wait for the next update.

Hi, I was wondering if we know when the full version of VS4 will be released (the one that will allow for compiling projects). Is there any news on a release date for that?

soon. It's almost ready.

Great Poster

378 Posts