Visionaire Studio 4.0 beta is published

• #10, by NigecTuesday, 01. April 2014, 10:08 10 years ago
    The Vista one .. the best upgrade is to throw it in the bin lol
    The Win7 computer is a one year old i7, I use Win7 out of choice
    this is what I get, maybe its something with the English language choice.. no idea and not really a problem other than it shouldn't do it

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #11, by AlexTuesday, 01. April 2014, 10:43 10 years ago
    I've installed it on two computers and both times the installer is trying to restart the computer, Vista 32 and Win7 64

that's probably because the Visual C++ Redistributable Package is installed the first time (it's included in the setup). This is necessary because we use a newer compiler and the runtime libraries are not installed on every system. Although I'm not sure if a restart is really necessary - when I tested the setup there was no restart (but this could also be because I have the libraries installed due to MS Visual Studio).

I also get WXWidget alerts trying to run the demo

that's because of write permission problems. I experienced that too late yesterday. The main problem is that the demogame is in the Visionaire Studio folder in the programs directory. When you save the ved of the Demogame the editor crashes because a user does not have write permissions in the Windows programs folder. I have fixed the setup now so the demogame will be installed in the Windows Documents folder. The setup will be updated soon.

If you move the Demogame to a folder where you have write permissions you should also be fine.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #12, by AlexTuesday, 01. April 2014, 11:00 10 years ago

this is what I get, maybe its something with the English language choice.. no idea and not really a problem other than it shouldn't do it

the first time I ran the setup it took very long to finish - so I think you just need to be patient, it will probably finish just fine. I think it's the Visual C++ Redistributable Package (see above) that takes so long. Although I don't know why it took multiple minutes when I tested it the first time. Later setup installations were much faster for me.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #13, by SimonSTuesday, 01. April 2014, 11:14 10 years ago
    Awesome! Thanks for this! I'm looking forward to the upcoming documentation. Is there going to be something covering swipe commands for mobile platforms? Like swiping in a certain direction on something makes something happen etc?

For now only swiping up and down with two fingers works, that is mapped to the mouse wheel, which you can listen to per Lua.

That memory optimization is absolutely insane... I can't even believe that it's working so well !
    In the previous version, one of my heaviest scenes went up to 1500mb, and now it went down to 160mb.

Thanks, but remember that the VRAM is maybe very full, press pos1/Home in the player to see how much memory is used there. As long you stay under 600MB it should be fine with all not mobile platforms. wink

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #14, by ChrissTuesday, 01. April 2014, 11:30 10 years ago
    Runs smooooth! :-)

45 Posts

• #15, by SuroTuesday, 01. April 2014, 11:31 10 years ago
    Thank you for your hard work!
    It's highly appreciated grin

36 Posts

• #16, by marvelTuesday, 01. April 2014, 11:38 10 years ago
    @Suro: LIKE! smile

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #17, by NigecTuesday, 01. April 2014, 12:04 10 years ago
    Hi Alex, even after re starting and running the installer it still does it, I should have the C++ Redistributable Package anyway as current project is Visual Studio and C++, it looked like it skipped the package install. but I do have WxWidges etc installed
    At least its not just shutting the system down wink

So fair the Zeppelin demo still works, Driftwood has a problem with a particle effect but that could of been there already, I'll try it in 3.7

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #18, by Simon_ASATuesday, 01. April 2014, 12:05 10 years ago
    THANKS!!! Amazing news! I'm downloading it right now. Can't wait to try it with my game.

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #19, by vectracocoTuesday, 01. April 2014, 12:59 10 years ago
    Congratulations visionaire Team for the wonderful job.
    Great job of performance enhancement. Thanks!!.wink

Now I just need to have a little time to enjoy this wonderful
    software.cry

19 Posts

• #20, by afrlmeTuesday, 01. April 2014, 13:56 10 years ago
    That memory optimization is absolutely insane... I can't even believe that it's working so well !
    In the previous version, one of my heaviest scenes went up to 1500mb, and now it went down to 160mb.
    I was getting depressed cause I feared I had to limit my scenes and downsize all my work, but now it's no longer the case, and I'll be able to do even crazier things !
    This will totally change my life cry (<tears of joy)
    Thanks guys for this insane work on optimization ! (and now I'm curious to see how that new walk system works too).

Can't wait to throw that money at you now ! grin

@ ZeroZero: I started working on the documentation for the characters tab section yesterday - It is just a quick overview of what everything is for & I've not finished yet. I have been waiting until the release of 4.0 before I started documenting most of the editor sections because things have been changed since 3.7.1, & I didn't know what would end up staying in the final build.

http://wiki.visionaire-tracker.net/wiki/Characters_Tab -- as I said, I've still a lot more to add to it. Will be adding more later on the day, after I've finished tidying up the house & sorted out the bloody menagerie of animals.

Imperator

7278 Posts