Visionaire Studio 4.0 beta is published

• #30, by AlexMonday, 07. April 2014, 10:08 10 years ago
    Just wondering if the "Display narration text" still works fine for everyone? I'm using it often in my game, and I had no problem with it in VS3, but since VS4beta the text doesn't display at all in the game.

can you reproduce this with the Demogame? if so then please send me your modified ved file and I'll have a look at it. If not then maybe you can create a small test project that I can analyze.

And the thumbnails don't appear anymore when saving roll

this problem was reported in another thread and is already fixed. just wait for the next update.

Hi, I was wondering if we know when the full version of VS4 will be released (the one that will allow for compiling projects). Is there any news on a release date for that?

soon. It's almost ready.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #31, by Simon_ASAMonday, 07. April 2014, 15:16 10 years ago

can you reproduce this with the Demogame? if so then please send me your modified ved file and I'll have a look at it. If not then maybe you can create a small test project that I can analyze.

Sorry, the problem seems to be in my project. While I was isolating the scene in question for you, I ran this part of the game and the texts finally appeared correctly. There's something I must have done wrong in the full project. Thanks for your help anyway!

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #32, by FefeFofoThursday, 10. April 2014, 20:22 10 years ago
    Hello everyone and thanks for this powerful engine! It is very intuitive and I love to have so many pre-arranged commands and actions that otherwise would require scripting, which I sadly can't afford.

I'm making some basic experiments with the new version after a while since the last time I could practise with the 3.71v engine and have a trouble about the game window. I'm practising with previously made 1920*1200 backgrounds but when i run the game, it runs on a window and the top-left part of it falls outside the screen area and is not centered even though its size seems to be correctly resized to fit the monitor 1440*900 size. Also setting lower resolutions I don't get to fit the background to the new size instead of scrolling the borders. Can someone give me some hints please? Can't remember how I used to do and where I read about these concerns here. Thanks

2 Posts

• #33, by afrlmeThursday, 10. April 2014, 20:56 10 years ago
    You should open up the visionaire studio options & enable both fullscreen & widescreen modes. It will automatically scale the game to your resolution & add black borders vertically/horizontally as needed.

Extras > options > player: fullscreen (on) & activate support for widescreen displays (on)

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #34, by FefeFofoThursday, 10. April 2014, 21:01 10 years ago
    it worked! Didn't resolved those options at first. Thank you!

2 Posts

• #35, by EvrenThursday, 10. April 2014, 23:29 10 years ago
    Now that version 4 is about to be published (waiting for the licensing to be settled), are there any plans of working on improved animation system? (e.g. Seperate arms, eyes, mouth.) I found out about Visionaire through the game Deponia. It had great art work but the absense of multiple gestures was really showing itself. I still believe this should be the number one item on development teams agenda smile) I like the simplicity and ease of use of Visionaire so keep up the good work guys! smile

19 Posts

• #36, by afrlmeFriday, 11. April 2014, 01:28 10 years ago
    Now that version 4 is about to be published (waiting for the licensing to be settled), are there any plans of working on improved animation system? (e.g. Seperate arms, eyes, mouth.) I found out about Visionaire through the game Deponia. It had great art work but the absense of multiple gestures was really showing itself. I still believe this should be the number one item on development teams agenda smile) I like the simplicity and ease of use of Visionaire so keep up the good work guys! smile

I think this would be dependent on whether or not we added support for some kind of skeleton/bone application like Spine, Spriter, etc... I don't know if David still plans on working on this feature at some point, or not.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #37, by EvrenFriday, 11. April 2014, 05:52 10 years ago

I think this would be dependent on whether or not we added support for some kind of skeleton/bone application like Spine, Spriter, etc... I don't know if David still plans on working on this feature at some point, or not.

Bone animations would be awesome indeed. If that seems very far, how about layered animations? It might be relatively more practical solution. A character will have a main layer and you will be able to add a mouth layer with animations/frames. Then you can adjust the position of the layers on main layer.

19 Posts

• #38, by afrlmeFriday, 11. April 2014, 15:37 10 years ago
    It sounds like a nice idea but I don't know what is & what is not possible. Simon, David, or Alex will have to answer this, sorry.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #39, by SimonSFriday, 11. April 2014, 16:01 10 years ago
    I'm looking into sprite parts animations, but that isn't done in some weeks.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts