Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #150, by MachtnixMonday, 13. February 2017, 22:37 7 years ago
    You can hold down the mouse scroll button to move the whole area around.
    I can't try this now, but I remember I did it (I pressed ALL buttons on mouse and everywhere I could imagine...) and it didn't work. In 4.2.5 the scroll bars work fine., so I think, it's a bug.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #151, by TinTinTuesday, 14. February 2017, 13:57 7 years ago
    While there is many bug reports but not any updates yet .
    Frankly, I think updates is similar to 4.x and so late and it's not good business for you .
    I need to export for test too as I lose time everyday . When is estimate time release full version ?

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #152, by marvelTuesday, 14. February 2017, 14:06 7 years ago
    While there is many bug reports but not any updates yet .
    Frankly, I think updates is similar to 4.x and so late and it's not good business for you. I need to export for test too as I lose time everyday . When is estimate time release full version ?
    I don't really understand what you are saying, TinTin. smile We just released the beta, collect the bugs and fix them under high pressure. We just released the Beta 2 weeks ago. What do you expect? We are not a multi million dollar company with hundreds of programmers. Creating such kind of engine is complicated and exhausting. 

We basically plan to release the final version 5.0 this month. In any case, even if it gets delayed slightly, it won't delay for months.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #153, by brut69Tuesday, 14. February 2017, 14:12 7 years ago
    when will it be finally released?

Great Poster

266 Posts

• #154, by marvelTuesday, 14. February 2017, 14:29 7 years ago
    when will it be finally released?

Please read what I wrote before wink

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #155, by TinTinTuesday, 14. February 2017, 14:40 7 years ago
    I don't really understand what you are saying, TinTin. smile We just released the beta, collect the bugs and fix them under high pressure. We just released the Beta 2 weeks ago. What do you expect? We are not a multi million dollar company with hundreds of programmers. Creating such kind of engine is complicated and exhausting. 

We basically plan to release the final version 5.0 this month. In any case, even if it gets delayed slightly, it won't delay for months.

Please let me more clear :
    As for as I know you had only three updates for VS 4.x . (4.1,4.2,4.25) and after that you closed it completely without any investigates to editor and ports . That's why I give up my project for Android port.
    I'm wonder this happen occur for VS 5.x too.
    I know your company haven't hundreds of programmers but your engine is great and I expect considers your customers .

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #156, by marvelTuesday, 14. February 2017, 15:42 7 years ago
    Please let me more clear :
    As for as I know you had only three updates for VS 4.x . (4.1,4.2,4.25) and after that you closed it completely without any investigates to editor and ports . That's why I give up my project for Android port.
    I'm wonder this happen occur for VS 5.x too.
    I know your company haven't hundreds of programmers but your engine is great and I expect considers your customers .

Hi Tin Tin,
    you are right that this happened and I feel very sorry for that. Back than, when we released 4.25, our programmers decided to work on the new editor and did basic changes. Because of these changes no regular updates were possible anymore. It was bad planning (regarding the needs of the community) and somehow turned out as a wrong decision - absolutely. I felt sorry for the community back then and I feel still sorry for it.

But, as I said before, this won't happen again. Now we have a very stable version that enables us to develop much faster and do special things that we couldn't do with the former version. It's just a few weeks to the final version 5 including the new export routines. smile Probably it will come already this month.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #157, by ke4Tuesday, 14. February 2017, 16:08 7 years ago
    Hi, i didn't find anything new besides what i've already wrote in this thread. Most of them was design stuff stuff anyway. After some time working with the beta i can tell it's quite stable and there's not much bugs.

However i want to ask you. I was trying to work with backgrounds characters ( for the first time ) and Visionaire can't handle this well.

1. They got frozen after leaving and revisiting a scene again. Until they got updated by next action part.

2. There isn't a possiblity to set a volume for a specifict charater or any character. For example for changing the volume while another character is talking. It is possible to hide the background character's text by the hook function though.

Regarding to shader, the exclude method is still not excluding texts.
    I'm using this one http://rollaprint.de/vs/shaderscript9.lua

Please consider adding this into some future updates. 

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #158, by TinTinTuesday, 14. February 2017, 16:13 7 years ago
    Hi Tin Tin,
    you are right that this happened and I feel very sorry for that. Back than, when we released 4.25, our programmers decided to work on the new editor and did basic changes. Because of these changes no regular updates were possible anymore. It was bad planning (regarding the needs of the community) and somehow turned out as a wrong decision - absolutely. I felt sorry for the community back then and I feel still sorry for it.

But, as I said before, this won't happen again. Now we have a very stable version that enables us to develop much faster and do special things that we couldn't do with the former version. It's just a few weeks to the final version 5 including the new export routines. smile Probably it will come already this month.
    Hi Marvel

Thanks for reply

One of things that I stay with VS is huge performance in versus with Unity . I got test both on mobile and desktop and result was brilliant for both as VS was a little more better !.
    Unity carries l a lot of 3D dll overhead that we don't need it at all for 2D games and makes larger size output. Anyway I didn't like it .

Great news for final version . I'm making other assets of my games this days and look at  everyday of this month for get final .

Please make a bug tracker in site for get faster polish and investigates.
    I'm appreciate for your hard works. You , Simon, Alex and others.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #159, by LebosteinTuesday, 14. February 2017, 23:15 7 years ago
    Yes. Unity is a very slow and sluggish engine for 2D games... also for 3D games. This Unity engine is not very optimized. There is only one advantage of Unity against Visionaire: You can create very smooth and nice key frame animations inside Unity. That saves a lot of sprite memory in case of long and expensive animations. In Visionaire you need a complete sprite image per frame.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #160, by afrlmeTuesday, 14. February 2017, 23:23 7 years ago
    Yes. Unity is a very slow and sluggish engine for 2D games... also for 3D games. This Unity engine is not very optimized.
    Seconded, but I also think bad optimization is in part also down to the person using the engine to develop their game as most VS users don't optimize their games that well either. Use too many animation frames. Duplicated animation frames. Don't crop animations / images. Don't bother converting to webp to decrease required hdd space & loading times, etc. etc. It's the same with Unity, though it's probably to do with modules they use & how they program/code the frameworks & finite state machines (logic) for their games.

There is only one advantage of Unity against Visionaire: You can create very smooth and nice key frame animations inside Unity. That saves a lot of sprite memory in case of long and expensive animations. In Visionaire you need a complete sprite image per frame.
    No, we have Spine support which allows creation of sprite part animations with key frame animating that can be manipulated during runtime, so technically you can create multiple animations from a single image split into parts (per direction).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RTkImAOJKM

P.S: never used Unity before, but played quite a few games made with Unity.

Imperator

7278 Posts