Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #170, by F_KalThursday, 16. February 2017, 22:35 7 years ago
    Does it also mean that the OSX version of VS5 will be with us at the same time; or this will have to wait a bit more before it's finished?

Forum Fan

107 Posts

• #171, by PaupasiaFriday, 17. February 2017, 01:28 7 years ago
    If you put a video in the "start action" in "Game properties"
    the Tab "save and run current scene" does not work and the game start from the beginning.

Forum Fan

165 Posts

• #172, by ke4Saturday, 18. February 2017, 14:18 7 years ago
    Could you please add name of the linked object in the selection window for calling/quitting action?

It gives me a list with a bunch of "leftclick" executed. I can't tell which is which.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #173, by sebastianSaturday, 18. February 2017, 14:40 7 years ago
    Does it also mean that the OSX version of VS5 will be with us at the same time; or this will have to wait a bit more before it's finished?

i hope so, but i guess it will be some kind of delayed because of macOS exclusive bug tracking for that version... who knows. 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #174, by bonesTuesday, 21. February 2017, 06:21 7 years ago
    Scene with Spine imported animation crashes both Visionaire and the player.

See the download link for the demo file here:
    http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/animating/9/#4...

Or download http://estructor.altervista.org/Dragonbones_test.zip

48 Posts

• #175, by SimonSTuesday, 21. February 2017, 10:59 7 years ago
    That's just cause the spine lib is badly written, no checks if fields are missing. I fixed that here, you can fix it for now if you add "hash":"", to after "skeleton":{

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #176, by afrlmeTuesday, 21. February 2017, 12:49 7 years ago
    Scene with Spine imported animation crashes both Visionaire and the player.

See the download link for the demo file here:
    http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/animating/9/#4...

Or download http://estructor.altervista.org/Dragonbones_test.zip
    Example seems to work more or less ok in 4.2.5 - except from bizarre offset issue. I adjusted the scaling values for the way system & the animation centers for the character & it seems to sometimes walk to correct position & other times it decides to base position on the left hand edge of character sprite. Strange.

Not showing up in editor or game in 5 beta. There's no animations listed in the dropdown to choose from.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #177, by bonesTuesday, 21. February 2017, 15:58 7 years ago
    That's just cause the spine lib is badly written, no checks if fields are missing. I fixed that here, you can fix it for now if you add "hash":"", to after "skeleton":{
    I have been experimenting a bit more:

• as AFRLme mentions, the character has a bizarre offset that cannot be fixed in the editor (as far as I can tell).
    • importing objects into a scene with spine JSON files works, but the objects seem to be placed at the left top of the scene, and positioning does not seem to work at all
    • objects with a list of animations in the JSON file does not seem to work correctly. Only one shows up?
    • in the editor, actions that control the outfits/animations do not work with a JSON Spine character: they fail to show up.
    • very crash prone. I never had this many crashes ever before. In two-three hours of trying to get things to work, Visionaire crashes perhaps 20 times?
    • the animations for a Spine based object automatically play, and the animation editor's controls do not work
    • no transitions between animations are supported

And I lost my work now: the original ved file was corrupted, and would not load anymore after I tested some more in v5 beta. I renamed the backup, and loaded it up in v4.2.5 - and added the "hash": entry in the JSON files. It worked, and the objects showed up, in the left top corner of the screen. But after some tinkering I now cannot enter the scene without crashing Visionaire.

All in all, my enthusiasm, expressed yesterday, has been tempered somewhat. The current implementation of Spine objects is too buggy and unworkable in production, unfortunately. Frustrating to say the least! So close, yet so far...

@SimonS Please consider either improving the Spine importer, or even better: support the native Dragonbones JSON format instead, so that every Visionaire user has direct access to an excellent freely accessible animation application. Spine is expensive, and Dragonbones does the exact same thing, but for free!

Their libraries/APIs are open source: https://github.com/DragonBones

The Dragonbones developer is very open to the idea of adding support into other applications - he may be willing to assist you in this (he's done it before with other game engines). It would also allow for smooth cross-fading between animations, removing the janks in transition between animations.

48 Posts

• #178, by SimonSTuesday, 21. February 2017, 16:24 7 years ago
    First of all, this is a beta. I didn't get any crash dumps lately. If you're using characters do NOT use the the field on the top but the field on the bottom. I cannot produce any of the points you have there. What will not happen is adding the Dragonbones SDK, I don't have time for that and it's too similar to spine. Crossfades between animations would mean changing the complete animation system, I don't see that so far. 

Animations in scenes can be moved, they have a small rectangle for that if you activate the animation tool.

Animations are always positioned with 0,0 of the animation and not the top left corner to have correct scaling. This can not be changed.

If you save a file, there is always a .bak file of the old version, you can rename it to ved.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #179, by AkcayKaraazmakTuesday, 21. February 2017, 16:35 7 years ago
    Is it possible to use some basic DirectX features for 3d models (3d characters) like shaders, normal maps and maybe dynamic shadows which could be achieved by loading a rough 3d model of the scene?

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #180, by bonesTuesday, 21. February 2017, 17:06 7 years ago
    First of all, this is a beta. I didn't get any crash dumps lately. If you're using characters do NOT use the the field on the top but the field on the bottom. I cannot produce any of the points you have there. What will not happen is adding the Dragonbones SDK, I don't have time for that and it's too similar to spine. Crossfades between animations would mean changing the complete animation system, I don't see that so far. 

Animations in scenes can be moved, they have a small rectangle for that if you activate the animation tool.

Animations are always positioned with 0,0 of the animation and not the top left corner to have correct scaling. This can not be changed.

If you save a file, there is always a .bak file of the old version, you can rename it to ved.
    Thanks! For objects, for some reason they do not want to stay put where I place them.
    And would you know a solution for the strange character offset?
    (ps this is in version 4.2.5)

48 Posts