Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #120, by afrlmeSaturday, 03. October 2015, 23:29 9 years ago
    Somehow I have a feeling (from a logical perspective) that locking her in the cage wouldn't really make a difference. The scary looking woman would still be able to yank her close to the cage by pulling on the chain connected to the neck brace. Reach in > pull out a leg & go to town on it! Nom! Nom! grin

As they say in "Ghost Trick", fate ( not ) averted.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #121, by tristan-kangSaturday, 03. October 2015, 23:33 9 years ago
    I wonder who is that scary looking lady. Some kind of demons from hell? Well, if this game's hell has full of naked women, then I'd like to go there.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #122, by sebastianMonday, 05. October 2015, 14:16 9 years ago
    finished the demo finally. The last part inside the bedroom was a bit weird. Is it right that i cant go back to the floor? Where is the zombie/demon/feminist women now and why is there no danger anymore?
    why dont the main char free the girl in the cage and took her with him when he escapes through the wibdow? Locking the girl makes no sense to me grin

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #123, by afrlmeMonday, 05. October 2015, 15:23 9 years ago
    finished the demo finally. The last part inside the bedroom was a bit weird. Is it right that i cant go back to the floor? Where is the zombie/demon/feminist women now and why is there no danger anymore?
    why dont the main char free the girl in the cage and took her with him when he escapes through the wibdow? Locking the girl makes no sense to me grin

He says something about not having the tools to free her, but I'm sure he could have used something near by. Hell he had a metal pole & a machete - I'm sure could have probably broken the chain connected to her neck brace thing at least. But yeah, it's horror! People in horror stories & films seem to be pretty stupid to me.

What's that noise? Better go check it out! Oh, the lights aren't working... I'll just go check it out in the dark (unarmed) then. If it was real life the people would be running away from danger instead of walking towards it shouting "hello? is there anybody out there?" (or in Lionel Richie's case: "hello... is it me you're looking for?")

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #124, by ke4Monday, 05. October 2015, 15:31 9 years ago
    The girl... will she stay locked there until she die of hunger? He didn't say anything about coming back grin

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #125, by AkcayKaraazmakMonday, 05. October 2015, 16:24 9 years ago
    Come on he said that "just wait mei I'll come with help soon" smile ... Come on bro you dont listen the dialogs :p

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #126, by ke4Monday, 05. October 2015, 16:25 9 years ago
    Come on he said that "just wait mei I'll come with help soon" smile ... Come on bro you dont listen the dialogs :p

Ok i must have missed that, sorry.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #127, by AkcayKaraazmakMonday, 05. October 2015, 16:27 9 years ago
    smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #128, by afrlmeMonday, 05. October 2015, 16:57 9 years ago
    It's a little hard to hear what's being said at times, depending on what the music is doing & the lack of subtitle texts. You could actually display texts as background texts with the display narration action part with background text option enabled. Using Lua you could position the texts to the character or have them positioned to bottom / top of screen (centered) or inside of some kind of dialog box that fades in / out or something as needed. The text would definitely help.

There's also the case of your accent / accents of people talking in the voice recordings in general & the fact that some of the dialog is hard to understand due to broken English - often the case when non-native English people try to come up with English dialog (not that most actual native English speakers these days actually have a grasp on their own language, because most of them are worse than the non-native English speakers) - haha. grin

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #129, by tristan-kangMonday, 05. October 2015, 17:18 9 years ago
    I wonder you hired voice actors nearby your studio (You live in German now I guess) or just hired people from the Internet.

The protagonist's voice is similar to your voice in the music videos by the way.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #130, by AkcayKaraazmakMonday, 05. October 2015, 17:52 9 years ago
    My partner is in Germany. I'm from Turkey. And yea thats my voice mate smile Didnt hire anybody for the game, at least till now. But sure If I will continue develoing the game then sure I gonna hire many voice actors cause there will be many characters.

Great Poster

440 Posts