Support The Dark Inside Me on KICKSTARTER (updated alpha demo 1.1 ready PC & MAC)

• #130, by AkcayKaraazmakMonday, 05. October 2015, 17:52 9 years ago
    My partner is in Germany. I'm from Turkey. And yea thats my voice mate smile Didnt hire anybody for the game, at least till now. But sure If I will continue develoing the game then sure I gonna hire many voice actors cause there will be many characters.

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #131, by tristan-kangMonday, 05. October 2015, 17:57 9 years ago
    Wait, then who voiced that poor girl? Or demon lady and poor girl's voice actors are same?

Your kickstarter should be successful in order to accomplish your goal. 9x Euro more than current pledged goal should be done. 21 days left now...

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #132, by AkcayKaraazmakMonday, 05. October 2015, 18:07 9 years ago
    Yea that girl also was me :p smile) Nooo, I forgot about that. My gf did the voice acting for the young girl. And cyco woman %80 was me mixed with many effects and some samples.

To be honest, I dont think that I will reach even the first goal. Its not going good. I think I couldnt reach the important people for promoting the game, as editors, magazines, youtubers. What can I say smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #133, by tristan-kangMonday, 05. October 2015, 18:16 9 years ago
    Ah, it was you. Then you made humping sound yourself? That's... interesting. smile))

I think you need to put the hospital scene in the demo game play. It seems like the hospital has been made already long times ago. Better show everything you made and put those into the demo so your game can attract more people.

It's because you don't need to specify the deadline of your game completion when you kickstart. Just need the basic budget.

35,000 euro seems a lot of money... I've been watching the funding things million of times and only thing it was successful is kickstarted by name value rather than game itself. Of course there is a few exception.

You need to show the movie you made in kickst... never mind. I hope the more people visit your kickstarter page.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #134, by afrlmeMonday, 05. October 2015, 18:48 9 years ago
    I believe it's just an off month / season for kickstarter. A lot of things don't seem to be fairing too well or are moving at really slow paces. Also... none of us are fortunate enough to be called Ron Gilbert or Tim Schafer. Could always get a name change? wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #135, by tristan-kangMonday, 05. October 2015, 19:09 9 years ago
    I believe it's just an off month / season for kickstarter.

True, it's school season.

none of us are fortunate enough to be called Ron Gilbert or Tim Schafer.

I'm pretty sure it's easy to reach goal if we said these lines... "I was a co-worker with Ron Gilbert's works!' or "I'm Tim's son!".

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #136, by afrlmeMonday, 05. October 2015, 19:23 9 years ago
    I'm pretty sure it's easy to reach goal if we said these lines... "I was a co-worker with Ron Gilbert's works!' or "I'm Tim's son!".

haha. no. I still don't think that would be a valid enough reason for backers to fling money like monkeys fling shit into a project. razz

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #137, by tristan-kangMonday, 05. October 2015, 19:27 9 years ago
    Mighty Number 9 (you may know this shit) was easily funded because creator of Megaman and his fellow made the kickstarter no matter how the game is polished.

And the game is looks like... um... hard to describe. To me, name value and marketing is much appealing in these days.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #138, by afrlmeMonday, 05. October 2015, 19:49 9 years ago
    It's the same in most products. Brand / name almost always determines the value.

For amusement check out the Thimbleweed kickstarter campaign. The developers actually took the piss out of the potential backers in their video & yet they still ended up over funded within the first few days or so & to me, the game looks like they've just recycled a load of maniac mansion assets & tacked on a few new ones. I don't understand why they needed so much money for it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #139, by tristan-kangMonday, 05. October 2015, 19:58 9 years ago
    About funding, because it's made by Ron Gilbert?

About needing money, I actually don't know why either. They have better condition than independent fresh developers. And the game is retro. I'm not underrating it but why it NEEDS a lot of money.

Kickstarter's purpose is good but it's been abused these days and even big game companies seems like to join this campaign either. How future would be...

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #140, by afrlmeMonday, 05. October 2015, 20:20 9 years ago
    I think it's more complicated than that.

A lot of campaigners promise things that they end up not being able to deliver. Or they don't deliver anywhere near the given delivery timeframe. Or they don't deliver exactly what they promised & the backers end up with some sub-par nonsense. I'm not just talking about games, but various types of campaigns in general.

Quite a lot of people blame Schafer for all that rubbish that went on with Double Fine Adventure that went on to become "Broken Age" in which he raised $3.3 million (over $2.9 million over the base target) & then pretty much went on to claim that it wasn't enough money to make what he has in mind. The end result of the game (don't know if you've played it) but I could probably have created something of equal measure with a tiny team for a fraction of the price.

Imperator

7278 Posts