Visionaire Studio 5 Tutorials - German + English(from EP. 20)

• #30, by sebastianSaturday, 03. June 2017, 13:26 7 years ago
    The illogical tab layout is what's still bothering me the most. Thomas asked me to mock up some ideas of how I think it should be, but I've been feeling a bit lazy as of late - oh well.
    I did a mockup for the scene (objects) stuff a little while ago in this thread:

and also posted some suggestions. Maybe these will guide or inspire you a bit razz

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #31, by afrlmeSaturday, 03. June 2017, 19:14 7 years ago
    The illogical tab layout is what's still bothering me the most. Thomas asked me to mock up some ideas of how I think it should be, but I've been feeling a bit lazy as of late - oh well.
    I did a mockup for the scene (objects) stuff a little while ago in this thread:

and also posted some suggestions. Maybe these will guide or inspire you a bit razz

I vaguely recall seeing it. I think I have similar ideas in my head of what it should be like compared to your idea. It's mostly cosmetic annoyances like action tab in right hand column of character tab > forgot what it's for. & the mouse cusor section not being spit into same window like the item section & then the item section for having a static image & animation bit rather than an active/inactive animation like the mouse cursor section. Also the bizarre tab layout of scenes with 2 action tabs & action areas on main scene tab rather than them only being visible when way system section is active & scene actions vice versa. Finally, I don't care for the properties text button above the scene list. Would rather have an icon at the side of each scene name that I can click on to edit properties for x scene or even just make it so I can right click scene name & select properties in a popup menu - actually wouldn't mind that at all as it would be like using OS right click menu which everyone is familiar with.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #32, by sebastianSaturday, 03. June 2017, 21:17 7 years ago
    I made a system recovery and am able to record my future videos smile

@AFRLme: yes, some locations of workspace areas are not constant. So it is often weird where to find (object/scene/...) specific stuff in the first place. Ordering e.g. all condition/value related stuff on the right side, no matter which workspace, would help here a lot.
    I hope you/the devs will come up with (much) improvements for this nearly perfect layout^^

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #33, by afrlmeSaturday, 03. June 2017, 21:37 7 years ago

@AFRLme: yes, some locations of workspace areas are not constant. So it is often weird where to find (object/scene/...) specific stuff in the first place. Ordering e.g. all condition/value related stuff on the right side, no matter which workspace, would help here a lot.
    I hope you/the devs will come up with (much) improvements for this nearly perfect layout^^
    I wanted to make a timelapse video of putting one of ALLD scenes together in VS5 (evn though I'm not currently using VS5 for ALLD) as a showcase of sorts, but I kept confusing myself with the layout. Took me a couple of minutes to actually notice the scene properties button that consisted of text.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #34, by afrlmeSaturday, 03. June 2017, 21:37 7 years ago

I wanted to make a timelapse video of putting one of ALLD scenes together in VS5 (even though I'm not currently using VS5 for ALLD) as a showcase of sorts, but I kept confusing myself with the layout. Took me a couple of minutes to actually notice the scene properties button that consisted of text.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #35, by sebastianSunday, 04. June 2017, 22:56 7 years ago
    Kleiner Vorgschmack auf kommende Woche (Deponia , Baphomets Fluch/Broken Sword Maussteuerung) :

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #36, by sebastianThursday, 08. June 2017, 16:00 7 years ago
    Das neue Video ist da:

Folge 5 : Deponia / Baphomets Fluch (Broken Sword) 1-Click Interface

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #37, by gabartsThursday, 08. June 2017, 23:58 7 years ago
    Cool, the Broken Sword interface is what I want to learn next, now that scumm is done smile
    I'd like also to recreate an interface in first person in the style of escape game ("Doors and Rooms 3"), where you just click on hotspot and you get zoom of object or puzzle scenes and then you have an inventory with some actions inside.

Also I made this page in flash, I bet would be easy to improve with Visionaire. 

Forum Fan

137 Posts

• #38, by sebastianSaturday, 10. June 2017, 16:21 7 years ago
    https://youtu.be/NrxN9txfVLw
    Folge 6 : Sam & Max Interface

Viel Spaß beim gucken =)

@gabarts : yes, this is totally doable. These games use more or less a simple one-click interface like in broken sword/deponia, too

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #39, by TinTinSunday, 11. June 2017, 06:44 7 years ago
    Hi sebastian

Your works is great. Nice job!!! . I still don't download them . When did you set English subtitle for this videos ?

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #40, by gabartsSunday, 11. June 2017, 10:11 7 years ago
    Well, his tutorials are clear and good, German language is not a problem smile of course english will help a bit more smile

Forum Fan

137 Posts