Visionaire Studio 5 Tutorials - German + English(from EP. 20)

• #120, by stothewWednesday, 11. April 2018, 01:06 6 years ago
    Wow der Wansinn!

Vielen Dank für die viele Arbeit!
    ich freue mich schon drauf.

Forum Fan

127 Posts

• #121, by TinTinWednesday, 11. April 2018, 07:05 6 years ago

Hello!

On Tuesday i will release the next episode at 16:00 o'clock CEST covering gamepad integration as the topic. Beside its original german version i will also release an english dubbed version.
    I will try to provide both languages beginning with episode 20.

freundliche Grüße / kind regards
    Sebastian
    Great Sebastian!!!. Thanks so much for this great news smile

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #122, by sebastianThursday, 12. April 2018, 16:02 6 years ago
    Here they are:

German Episode 20 "Gamepad Integration"

English Episode 20  "Gamepad Integration"

Im still struggling with the english when i speak freely without any cut to the content of the video. It needs some time and polishing (in further episodes) to get more fluent in it.

kind regards
    Sebastian

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #123, by TinTinFriday, 13. April 2018, 06:19 6 years ago
    Well done Sebastian!!!. Thanks so much for English support

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #124, by sebastianTuesday, 09. October 2018, 22:00 6 years ago
    Here is the latest tutorial for Visionaire Studio.
    This time i show you how to do a speechbubble script:

Folge 21 DE: Sprechblasen

Episode 21 EN: Speechbubbles

If you like the content, please consider to like, share and/or subscribe the channel, so you wont miss a new video smile

~Sebastian

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #125, by TinTinWednesday, 10. October 2018, 08:41 6 years ago
    Great Sepastian!!!. nice job!. Thanks a lot for English
    Done!! for subscribe and like and ...

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #126, by esmeraldaMonday, 15. October 2018, 13:49 6 years ago
    Great video, Sebastian!
    Just for your info:
    The speechbubble script works perfectly with png-fonts. 
    When using ttf-fonts the calculation of the y-dimension only works when there is just one line of text.  If the text has multiple lines it doesn't get drawn. The renaming from br to n doesn't seem to work. (I dimmly remember this problem from a while back, when you tried to help me with a script for text positioning)

Edit: weird - when I change the size of the ttf-font to 42 (was 22 before) the mutiple lines of text get drawn, but only a single line speechbubble. (Textsize 22: no text, but a singe line speechbubble.)

Key Killer

514 Posts

• #127, by afrlmeMonday, 15. October 2018, 14:34 6 years ago
    Great video, Sebastian!
    Just for your info:
    The speechbubble script works perfectly with png-fonts. 
    When using ttf-fonts the calculation of the y-dimension only works when there is just one line of text.  If the text has multiple lines it doesn't get drawn. The renaming from br to n doesn't seem to work. (I dimmly remember this problem from a while back, when you tried to help me with a script for text positioning)

Edit: weird - when I change the size of the ttf-font to 42 (was 22 before) the mutiple lines of text get drawn, but only a single line speechbubble. (Textsize 22: no text, but a singe line speechbubble.)
    Yeah, I had the same issue. I decided to use Sebastian's speechbubble script in the ved I'm creating for the new lip sync tutorial & the speech bubble was only drawing the first line for me too with ttf, but worked as intended with image fonts. He had a look & gave me a revised script which works with ttf & centers texts & some other stuff - I don't remember what he said off the top of my head.

I had another issue because I was using a close-up character portrait that is roughly the same height as the default game resolution height & also takes up at least 1/3 or so of the default game resolution width. I needed to force the speech bubble to a specific position.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #128, by esmeraldaMonday, 15. October 2018, 15:06 6 years ago
    Ah, good to know it can be done with ttf fonts. I guess I can see what has changed in the script, when you finished the lip sync tutorial. There is absolutly no hurry. :-)

Key Killer

514 Posts

• #129, by sebastianMonday, 15. October 2018, 15:31 6 years ago
    I guess there is a bug for that fontdimension function, as it works just fine for bitmap fonts.

The approach for the workaround was to split the string in its separate lines and count these. Multiplied by the line height (+line spacing) it should get the correct height.

The text gets then drawn for each line individually, so its a bit more resource intensive. 
    But thats what the engine is doing for the normal text display anyway... 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #130, by afrlmeMonday, 15. October 2018, 15:51 6 years ago
    doubt the difference is that much.

Imperator

7278 Posts