Visionaire 5 released

• #30, by sebastianFriday, 10. November 2017, 20:00 7 years ago
    Hey. Cool. But how I can scale down the editor font? The font size is very, very large...

The scale in the mac version is wrong atm. Simon is looking at it.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #31, by sebastianSaturday, 11. November 2017, 00:06 7 years ago
    Found also another bug. Not sure if its related to the scaling issue. Seems different:
    As you can see in the screenshot, the list items get moved to the left with each new item in the list.

EDIT: seems to get fixed in the latest update for macOS.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #32, by bonesSaturday, 11. November 2017, 01:04 7 years ago
    For some reason Spine files that worked before no longer work in this version. (Dragonbones exported). No images are displayed anymore.

A secondary issue with Spine export and Dragonbones is that I found out that I would be breaking Spine's EULA if I'd be using Spine files, generated using Dragonbones, in Visionaire without a Spine license.

Is there an ETA on when Dragonbones/Spriter support will be ready? I believe that Simon is working on this?

48 Posts

• #33, by caligarimarteSaturday, 11. November 2017, 20:05 7 years ago
    First off, thank you for the new Version.

I have noticed that my Texts are still "Unnamed", and I guess it must be, because that is actually their Name when I open my Project-File in Notepad to inspect it. (I know this Problem started before I migrated to Visionaire5.)

So, here is a (not very revolutionary) Idea for a possible Feature:
    How about a "CleanUp"-Feature where, with the Click of a Button, Visionaire would re-generate all the Texts' Names and IDs, giving them new and fresh ones?
    1. First, all IDs could be re-generated, producing more orderly Numbers (for Example, my Project has 1699 Texts when I export them, but their IDs are numbered beyond 3600 already -- not fatal, but somewhat irritating).
    2. Then Visionaire could scan what each Text is connected to, and a new Text-Name would be generated accordingly, overwriting all the old Names as well as the "Unnamed"-Texts, also giving those proper Names.
    That would be one (possibly rather simple? idk) Solution for two Problems -- killing two Birds with one Stone (even though the Birds are not exactly of equal Importance).

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #34, by jmbmSaturday, 11. November 2017, 23:09 7 years ago
    Thanks for the free upgrade. I really appreciate it smile

27 Posts

• #35, by rosina-m-Monday, 13. November 2017, 13:29 7 years ago
    Erstmal danke für die tollen Neuerungen, ich habe einen Bug entdeckt.(OS:Windows 10) Ich habe, aus Versehen, strg+s gedrückt als ich noch im Action on Leaving Menu meines Interfaces war. Da hat es die Darstellung zerrissen.

7 Posts

• #36, by SimonSMonday, 13. November 2017, 23:44 7 years ago
    I have uploaded an update for Mac that fixes the dpi scaling and uses the system setting.

@rosina-m: Das ist eine Debugansicht für den UI-Designer, kann man mit Strg+Umschalt+D an/aus schalten.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #37, by sebastianMonday, 13. November 2017, 23:54 7 years ago
    I have uploaded an update for Mac that fixes the dpi scaling and uses the system setting.

tested on a non Retina Mac in 1080p. Bug is fixed on my side smile
    Great work.

By the way: The console in the player has listed separate stuff like values, conditions, etc since RC whatever...
    Would  be nice to see also the value string in a column for the values area.

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #38, by wischnikTuesday, 14. November 2017, 10:08 7 years ago
    thanks for the update.

i believe i found an other bug 'though — at least this started to happen when i made the update. i don't know if it's related:

my characters walk animation won't stop when the character reaches an object. this is very odd. the character walks on its standing point.

25 Posts

• #39, by sebastianTuesday, 14. November 2017, 17:29 7 years ago
    my characters walk animation won't stop when the character reaches an object. this is very odd. the character walks on its standing point.
    can you give a bit more information on how you setup the character? I cant reproduce it (yet)

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #40, by wischnikTuesday, 14. November 2017, 19:34 7 years ago
    can you give a bit more information on how you setup the character? I cant reproduce it (yet)
    hej there,
    try out the following:

let a character walk to an object where the character's supposed to trigger some spoken text at arrival. it seems to me there's a mess-up between arrival, stopping the animation, turning to the object and giving out spoken text. i think so because when the character is finished giving out text the animation finally stops and the character turns towards the object.

i'm also working on a mac.

25 Posts