Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #50, by TinTinFriday, 03. February 2017, 06:17 7 years ago
    @TinTin: There are only some lua bindings finished, I wouldn't use them yet. What would you want to do ?

Only 2D :  Move some boxes by player and fall them in hole . Or maybe combine physics to main player similar to easy platformer games . Is it possible?

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #51, by Simon_ASAFriday, 03. February 2017, 10:58 7 years ago
    - Interface issue: there is no button to close the action parts window. In the meantime I found that it is possible to close it with Esc.

- Small request: it'd be great to have the possibility to easily copy the cursor coordinates that are displayed in the editor, for example by pressing a key. And then be able to paste the result under the form of { x = 640 , y = 480 }
    Thus it would allow to quickly copy/paste coordinates in a script.

- A remaining issue:
    There's a kind of bug with Action areas (in Way system), but it is not new in VS5 (was already in V4):

When a character enters action area, it often happens that the list of actions is overrided by the action area activity.
    I mean, for example, that using a "send the character to position" will not work, and the character will stay stuck on current position.
    It also affects switching to another scene: if the fade to the new scene is set to immediate, then the previous action area will stay active in memory, and will override the future action area in the next scene.

I don't know how to explain, because maybe I don't understand well how it works, however I find it strange and it causes me some issues. Long things short, here's a sample scene made in V4.2.5 that reproduces the above issue:
    http://bit.ly/2jEFo39

Run the ved project, then:
    - leave first scene by walking to the left (using keyboard arrow)
    - go to the bottom of the screen. It will display a text properly, but the character will not be "sent to position" first, but he should (if you check the list of action parts)

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #52, by PaupasiaFriday, 03. February 2017, 16:53 7 years ago
    Finally I've updated my drivers Nvidia Geforce GT720 Version 24/01/2017

Result:
    Visionaire 4.2.5 CPU 68% (doing nothing)

Visionaire 5 CPU 16% (doing nothing) I'm so happy for this! grin

About resolution:
    1360x768 is the most common resolution in the world, I can change to 1920x1080 but since my PC is connected to my TV monitor 32" and I'm far from TV about 1,5 meters .... well .... I cant see very well so tiny words grin

Please keep in mind the "small" resolutions also for laptop. I use Blender for 3D images and it works with all kind of resolutions with the ability to change the font size of menu.

Thanks again for your effort grin

Forum Fan

165 Posts

• #53, by afrlmeFriday, 03. February 2017, 17:07 7 years ago
    @Paupasia: if you are using tv as secondary monitor in extended mode then you should be able to set independent resolution & possibly also increase font & icon size for it - I'm pretty sure there are scaling options available from windows 8.1 onwards.

Windows 10 seems to have a feature built in specifically for scaling independently for each display device you connect.

https://i.gyazo.com/3714e2e220c4036e0c70fe8a360aa3f1.png

I currently don't have a secondary monitor plugged in at the minute to show you as my graphics card has 1 hdmi port & 3 1.3/1.4 display ports & I don't have any display port to vga adaptors at the minute to plug into the spare flatscreen I have - will  probably order one at some point though as I'd like to get back to working with dual screens again.

Anyway, glad to hear your memory leakage/cpu usage issues seem to be resolved. smile

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #54, by PaupasiaFriday, 03. February 2017, 17:54 7 years ago
    Thanks Lee for the info grin
    I have only one monitor, the TV plugged with HDMI cable. (is not a simple TV is a TV monitor)

We can say I have a sort of multimedia station (play games on TV is much better grin ) so I work and play in the same place/monitor.

Update about CPU usage:

Changed the resolution to 1920x1080 not so good to view since the native is 1360x768(all is smoothed) and the CPU usage is lowered to 3/4%   O_O

1360x768   CPU max usage 16%
    1680X1050 CPU max usage 4%
    1920X1080 CPU max usage 3%

So I can say that the 11% of cpu usage with 1360x768 resolution is wasted for the low resolution.
    I hope this can change with the final version of Visionaire 5 grin

Forum Fan

165 Posts

• #55, by afrlmeFriday, 03. February 2017, 18:30 7 years ago
    Before I built the current pc I am typing my reply to you on I was using a windows 8.1 laptop with recommened / max resolution of 1366x768 & a 24" LG monitor with native 1920x1080 resolution in extended mode.

I worked with Visionaire Studio on the LG monitor & also used that to run snake tail so I could monitor the messages log in real time while I test ran the projects I were working on on my laptop screen (too much hassle constantly swapping laptop & monitor over as primary monitor devices as my laptop isn't powerful enough to run many modern games at 1080p - though it runs VS made games fine).

The native resolution on your tv screen/monitor is 1360x768? Seems like a low resolution for a 32" screen. Is it fairly old? I believe older flat screens & some of the cheaper models don't have full HD resolutions, but any from past few years should have full HD these days. I'm not 100% sure though as until last year I've not owned a normal TV for years (usually watch all my TV on my computer/online).

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #56, by PaupasiaFriday, 03. February 2017, 19:26 7 years ago
    Ahahah! Yes is old, a gift for my birthday in 2009, so no HD grin
    Like most of indie developers I don't have the money to buy a new TV or monitor or more powerful PC  grin

Forum Fan

165 Posts

• #57, by afrlmeFriday, 03. February 2017, 19:38 7 years ago
    Me either, but I saved up over time. Though parts of my new pc were gifts, which were really appreciated & they saved me a lot of money as graphics card & cpu seem to be most expensive components. Monitors are pretty cheap these days though... less than €100 for native 1080p 23 or 24" monitor - probably won't come with speakers or IPS (better viewing angle) but fine for working with. I bought my monitor a few years back. Has plenty of ports for various devices, but no IPS or speakers, but it doesn't bother me much as I listen to everything through my senny studio cans (headphones) that I bought many years ago & I bought a cheap desktop monitor arm thing, so I can reposition & tilt the monitor to wherever I need it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #58, by ArtNovaSaturday, 04. February 2017, 02:14 7 years ago
    When editing font color via new color selection manager, example text jumping.
    After reentering color selection manager it shows red color, which changes to my previously selected color after I begin changing it.

Upd.: Omg, just used "Save and run on current scene" button. Its amazing, thanks alot for this!

41 Posts

• #59, by esmeraldaSaturday, 04. February 2017, 12:18 7 years ago
    Problem with characters
    I have a problem importing an image sequence of the character. Importing multiple pictures into a custom animation (Personen Animation) istn't working. Nothings happens after I select the pictures in the folder. The folder closes but the pictures don't get loaded. (Importing into a walking animation is working fine) But I can import the pictures one by one.
    And I can't assign the pause-value to the single pictures. The value is not accepted. I can change the value but it changes back to -1 after leaving a frame.

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #60, by ke4Saturday, 04. February 2017, 12:31 7 years ago
    Is it save to work with the beta on our game or it's only supposed to be for testing purposes only? I'm afraid of loosing the progress when some problem comes up and i can't no longer continue in 4.2.5.

Key Killer

810 Posts