Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #40, by afrlmeThursday, 02. February 2017, 11:31 7 years ago
    by TinTin - 02 feb '17 09:19First question : What is 'turn animations' in character tab ? Is it turn before walking?
    If it's yes , how is it work?
    Having a quick look over it, I believe it's a very simple animated option. You create the rotation yourself as an animation - one per start & end direction - then you use the 2 compass in the properties tab to determine the start direction & end direction. I assume you need to create an animation to work for each potential start & end direction, but might be able to get away with only determining for the main up down left right animations for both directions, but without testing I have no clue. I do believe animation is the best approach to creating a more natural looking character rotation than simply rotating a single frame of the character like in the rotation scripts that have been shared in the past.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #41, by marvelThursday, 02. February 2017, 12:22 7 years ago
    Having a quick look over it, I believe it's a very simple animated option. You create the rotation yourself as an animation - one per start & end direction - then you use the 2 compass in the properties tab to determine the start direction & end direction. I assume you need to create an animation to work for each potential start & end direction, but might be able to get away with only determining for the main up down left right animations for both directions, but without testing I have no clue.I do believe animation is the best approach to creating a more natural looking character rotation than simply rotating a single frame of the character like in the rotation scripts that have been shared in the past.
    That will be our approach with the turn animations yes. smile For the moment you can only create/add some turn animations but we don't have the interpretation in the player yet. It will come...

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #42, by bananeisafreeThursday, 02. February 2017, 12:44 7 years ago
    Great job !
    This is an overhall great ameloriation of the original model.
    I especialy apreciate the new object area visual and controls. It WAY less tidious, and makes working with VS way more enjoyable.

For notable bugs :
    one that I've got that seems not to have been adressed, I can't open a Ved located on a network disk (a NAS for that matters). I can find it but when I try to load it it says that the file does not exist. I did not have that problem with previous version.

Apart from that, and some of the problem that have already been mentioned, it's a rather smooth ride ! Can't wait for the official release so I can start and work on it !

Cheers and congrats.

Forum Fan

120 Posts

• #43, by TinTinThursday, 02. February 2017, 16:52 7 years ago
    Having a quick look over it, I believe it's a very simple animated option. You create the rotation yourself as an animation - one per start & end direction - then you use the 2 compass in the properties tab to determine the start direction & end direction. I assume you need to create an animation to work for each potential start & end direction, but might be able to get away with only determining for the main up down left right animations for both directions, but without testing I have no clue.I do believe animation is the best approach to creating a more natural looking character rotation than simply rotating a single frame of the character like in the rotation scripts that have been shared in the past.
    That will be our approach with the turn animations yes. smile For the moment you can only create/add some turn animations but we don't have the interpretation in the player yet. It will come...

Thanks a lot  AFRLme and marvel
    Great news. It's amazing tool for make custom turning . please don't limit it to one frame only . I want make 56 custom turning direction . I'm waiting for finish this feature.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #44, by afrlmeThursday, 02. February 2017, 17:24 7 years ago
    It's not 1 frame only. I was saying that the character turn scripts that were shared on the forum previously worked by rotating the character. The turn animation sections requires an animation from & to each direction.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #45, by TinTinThursday, 02. February 2017, 18:08 7 years ago
    It's not 1 frame only. I was saying that the character turn scripts that were shared on the forum previously worked by rotating the character. The turn animation sections requires an animation from & to each direction.
    OK. Very good news
    For box 2D : Is it possible now ? It's very useful for make some action in game.  I'm very curious for see an example.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #46, by esmeraldaThursday, 02. February 2017, 22:41 7 years ago
    Just found a minor bug. The small arrows to place a picture on the x and y axis or to scale the character in the waysystem are not working. But it is possible to type in a number by keyboard.

Key Killer

508 Posts

• #47, by SimonSThursday, 02. February 2017, 23:29 7 years ago
    @TinTin: There are only some lua bindings finished, I wouldn't use them yet. What would you want to do ?

@esmeralda: You can hold the mouse and drag or use the mouse wheel. But I'll add the that functionality too.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #48, by esmeraldaThursday, 02. February 2017, 23:42 7 years ago
    @esmeralda: You can hold the mouse and drag or use the mouse wheel. But I'll add the that functionality too.
    Oh, I totally forgot about that !!!! - I saw the mouse dragging in marvels video and used it yesterday to position a particle effect. It seems that's not something intuitive for me.

Key Killer

508 Posts

• #49, by afrlmeThursday, 02. February 2017, 23:57 7 years ago
    Oh, I totally forgot about that !!!! - I saw the mouse dragging in marvels video and used it yesterday to position a particle effect. It seems that's not something intuitive for me.

You should probably also be able to click inside of the number box & then use the up & down arrow keys on your keyboard to adjust the values too - was actually my preferred method whenever I didn't know the specific value I wanted to enter.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #50, by TinTinFriday, 03. February 2017, 06:17 7 years ago
    @TinTin: There are only some lua bindings finished, I wouldn't use them yet. What would you want to do ?

Only 2D :  Move some boxes by player and fall them in hole . Or maybe combine physics to main player similar to easy platformer games . Is it possible?

Forum Fan

196 Posts