Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #30, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 01. February 2017, 15:22 7 years ago
    Bugs I have seen are;

1-) I tried keyboard ctrl script, but it doesnt work. I deleted the waypoints and tried with borders only, and still didnt work.

2-) Character Tab / Outfits; 

i-) When I select the 3d character, on the right settings, Lighting all 3 radiobuttons can be selected and they dont deactive again. So its not possible to select only one of them and cant deselect any.

ii-) Lighting Position listbox doesnt work. I click it but doesnt show anything.

iii-) Ambient Light Color, color box doesnt shown but when you click the blank area, it pops out.

3-) I've opened the scenes I did it prev version. And the 3d character's scales are all changed. Character is now smaller. Is it a bug or I should resize the character for all scenes for the version 5?

4-) 3d character has a strange shadow like transparent image arround it. Even I click shadows off at the outfit settings, it doesnt make any difference.

Thank you smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #31, by Simon_ASAWednesday, 01. February 2017, 15:29 7 years ago

1-) I tried keyboard ctrl script, but it doesnt work. I deleted the waypoints and tried with borders only, and still didnt work.

It is working well! I am using it.

There's a recent thread here where I was asking for help.
    http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/-solved-walkin...

Here a screenshot  of the necessary way system setting:

http://zupimages.net/up/17/05/hwdo.jpg

Good luck

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #32, by JoelWednesday, 01. February 2017, 16:33 7 years ago
    Are there any new Action Parts that weren't in previous versions?

Forum Fan

129 Posts

• #33, by darren-beckettWednesday, 01. February 2017, 16:46 7 years ago
    BUG
    Setting an intro movie causes all interfaces to be displayed over the top of the movie.

Note: All my interfaces are hidden within the Start Action script, but it seems the intro movie plays before they're hidden. This is different behaviour than v4.2.

CAUSE
    Is it because the video is not being displayed on top of everything else?

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #34, by marvelWednesday, 01. February 2017, 18:02 7 years ago
    Note: All my interfaces are hidden within the Start Action script, but it seems the intro movie plays before they're hidden. This is different behaviour than v4.2.
    Alright. Please think about to play the movie within your start action. smile But we will see to it!

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #35, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 01. February 2017, 19:01 7 years ago
    The new script Simon posted here doesnt work for me. I've tried the old script from Simon for walking with keyboard which is here -> http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/visionaire-stu... .... Then I can control the character with arrow keys but when he walks its stucks sometimes and when ever character walks always strange sounds coming. 

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #36, by Simon_ASAWednesday, 01. February 2017, 19:21 7 years ago
    The new script Simon posted here doesnt work for me. I've tried the old script from Simon for walking with keyboard which is here -> http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/visionaire-stu... .... Then I can control the character with arrow keys but when he walks its stucks sometimes and when ever character walks always strange sounds coming. 
    Arg, frustrating... I hope you can fix it.
    The new script is working for me, it is even better, I can move the hero more easily in diagonal.
    I think the problem is not in the script, there has to be something else in your setting. I'm afraid I can't help more, but good luck.

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #37, by afrlmeWednesday, 01. February 2017, 19:33 7 years ago
    Arg, frustrating... I hope you can fix it.
    The new script is working for me, it is even better, I can move the hero more easily in diagonal.
    I think the problem is not in the script, there has to be something else in your setting. I'm afraid I can't help more, but good luck.

Maybe it doesn't work so well with 3D characters?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #38, by esmeraldaWednesday, 01. February 2017, 19:35 7 years ago
    Wow, vis5 is running on my old laptop even when vis4.2 didn't! That's great!
    I have the same problem as Paupasia with the resolution though (1280x800 in my case). Some popup windows are nearly impossible to close because the button needed for closing is outside the displayed area. (same with moving the window)
    Will continue testing now :-)

Edit: my laptop (onboard graphic chip) runs only DX10, not DX11 - no problem so far.

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #39, by TinTinThursday, 02. February 2017, 09:19 7 years ago
    Great!!! It seems works perfect at the moment . CPU high usage solved.Run on current scene is amazing .Smooth scroll camera , Lua editor ,..... all of them is nice.
     Thanks so much for this big update.

First question : What is 'turn animations' in character tab ? Is it turn before walking?
    If it's yes , how is it work?

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #40, by afrlmeThursday, 02. February 2017, 11:31 7 years ago
    by TinTin - 02 feb '17 09:19First question : What is 'turn animations' in character tab ? Is it turn before walking?
    If it's yes , how is it work?
    Having a quick look over it, I believe it's a very simple animated option. You create the rotation yourself as an animation - one per start & end direction - then you use the 2 compass in the properties tab to determine the start direction & end direction. I assume you need to create an animation to work for each potential start & end direction, but might be able to get away with only determining for the main up down left right animations for both directions, but without testing I have no clue. I do believe animation is the best approach to creating a more natural looking character rotation than simply rotating a single frame of the character like in the rotation scripts that have been shared in the past.

Imperator

7278 Posts