Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #110, by MachtnixThursday, 09. February 2017, 01:45 7 years ago
    tested also yesterday with wineskin (and opengl flag)  and also had the icons in the top bar crumped together with 1920x1080 resolution. Does this also counts as low resolution?

Regarding the Grey colors: i like them. they are good readabke on my monitor and Im not sure if these are more hard to read for some people or if their monitor is maybe not calibrated right. Or do we deal here with sime kind of color blind/weak nesses?
    Yes, actually grey colors on white backgrounds are better readable than black ones - that's what we've learned back in graphic design school. I do also believe that Machtnix has a weak (maybe old) screen or it is a problem with the device driver. 

The icons are together too ( I wrote) - side by side without space. I use 1280 x 1024. It's not very fine to handle.

My monitors aren't that old and calibrated for printing, that means DARK (not 100% contrast, not 100 brightness), but there are the last two best 4:3-ones. So I wonder if the grey is too light for me. Other users love this 100/100%-standard values and that is too much contrast for me and the grey is even more too light.

I can't see very sharp (not so good as normal people do), so I need good black and white contrast to read. Grey text is like a fog to me... This forum I zoomed to 200% to read the grey letters as well.

That seems like a paradox, but black on light grey is better than light grey on white - as mostly all pages are too white today. White background is too bright and makes tired. So I set the gamma to a light background grey (like paper). But grey text will disappear...

I can't make screenshots, because I use the 64-bit PC with Linux mostly. It's only remarkable on the dialog texts in the text areas for dialogs, I remember.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #111, by sebastianThursday, 09. February 2017, 08:20 7 years ago
    just an idea: make it possible to set specific colors of VS in the editors settings.  by that everyone could overwrite the colors to their needs... 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #112, by marvelThursday, 09. February 2017, 09:28 7 years ago
    just an idea: make it possible to set specific colors of VS in the editors settings.  by that everyone could overwrite the colors to their needs... 
    That's not a good idea, Sebastian. This way we would need a complex database format just for the color management. This would probably mean several months of additional work without reason. 

Probably it's better to focus on imortant editor functions, hm? wink Dark and light skin should be enough.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #113, by marvelThursday, 09. February 2017, 10:25 7 years ago
    I can't make screenshots, because I use the 64-bit PC with Linux mostly. It's only remarkable on the dialog texts in the text areas for dialogs, I remember.

But the Text there is blackest black, Machtnix. See attachement. Where do you see grey colors there? smile

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #114, by sebastianThursday, 09. February 2017, 11:05 7 years ago
    That's not a good idea, Sebastian. This way we would need a complex database format just for the color management. This would probably mean several months of additional work without reason. 

Probably it's better to focus on imortant editor functions, hm? wink Dark and light skin should be enough.

for me its allright anyway. Just thought about possibilities ^^

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #115, by LebosteinThursday, 09. February 2017, 17:17 7 years ago
    Where I can find copy / paste / duplicate / import and export of items in lists? These buttons are gone....

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #116, by marvelThursday, 09. February 2017, 17:32 7 years ago
    Where I can find copy / paste / duplicate / import and export of items in lists? These buttons are gone....
    I already responded to this a few posts before. wink We've had plenty of icons all over the editor. In order to reduce and simplify the layout, we removed the icons as you can simply do it by CTRL + C / CTRL + V... Duplicate is F4... probably be changed later to CTRL + D

We know that everybody needs to get used to this changing. But after a while you won't miss it anymore.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #117, by sebastianThursday, 09. February 2017, 17:58 7 years ago
    should be mentioned in the handbook that f4/ctrl+d is duplicate (+also other key combinations) .

just for my peace of mind:
    is the mac version be programmed parallel or after the windows version of the engine? 

kind regards 
    Sebastian 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #118, by SimonSThursday, 09. February 2017, 18:11 7 years ago
    I'm working on the mac version as I'm writing this.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #119, by sebastianThursday, 09. February 2017, 18:31 7 years ago
    I'm working on the mac version as I'm writing this.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ryMi7pfRpHY/VJrYZRXK6xI/AAAAAAAAjn4/HBHV04IiG60/w1200-h630-p-k-nu/Nice..jpg
    nice

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #120, by MachtnixThursday, 09. February 2017, 19:14 7 years ago

But the Text there is blackest black, Machtnix. See attachement. Where do you see grey colors there? smile

It wasn't in this box. I am going to look after, maybe tomorrow.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts