Visionaire 5.0.4 update released

• #50, by afrlmeWednesday, 18. April 2018, 10:42 6 years ago
    This also happens the other way around. So when starting Visionaire Studio without an external display, then attach external display and drag it to the display. Now Visionaire Studio is no longer controllable because all the button positions are on half the position of the interface.
    Isn't it possible on mac to toggle high dpi scaling per app in it's properties section like on windows?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #51, by trepnWednesday, 18. April 2018, 13:56 6 years ago
    Isn't it possible on mac to toggle high dpi scaling per app in it's properties section like on windows?

As far as I know this should be managed by the app and is not configurable.

60 Posts

• #52, by caligarimarteThursday, 19. April 2018, 09:45 6 years ago
    I have found another Bug -- albeit a fancy one. The Shader-Tiling seems to be messed up -- these Moons should not be repeating, they should actually be clipped.

Also, it seems to me that there is an Issue with playing an Animation and waiting until it has ended, the Engine doesn't seem to wait properly, and it can screw up entire Animation-Chains. (For Example, my Character enters a Scene, walks up to a certain Position, should be playing a Turn-Animation and right afterwards a Kneeling-Animation changing the Outfit to a Kneeling-Outfit, then she should be saying a Line in that Outfit before standing up again and turning around again -- but instead, the Turn-Animations appear only for a brief Moment, the Kneeling-Animation doesn't play at all, she says her Line while standing, then suddenly is in her Kneeling-Outfit, with which she then moves around afterwards if I control her... it is all jumbled up.)
    Those Animations have Action-Frames for changing Alignment and Outfit, if that is of any Importance.

(Sidenote: I have also updated my Windows to Service Pack 2 to see if it might help my Audio-Problem, but the Music -- and only the Music -- still is as distorted as before.)

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #53, by MachtnixFriday, 20. April 2018, 21:29 6 years ago
    Erstmal ein großes Lob. Alle Darstellungsfehler - etwa überlappende Icons oder versteckte Schrift - scheinen ausgeräumt, auch bei einem 4:3-Monitor. Ich habe eine etwas fettere DIN-Schrift in die CSS geladen (die light war partout nicht lesbar) und bislang arbeitet der Visionaire-Editor anstandslos.

Bei den alten Spielen aus Version 4.2.5  treten die beiden Hauptprobleme zwar immer noch auf (einige große Animationen werden nicht abgespielt, egal ob webp oder png, und bei gespiegelten Animationen in der Personenmenü-Vorschau stürzt der Editor in einigen Fällen regelmäßig ab (Geh-Animationen), obwohl die "richtigrummen" abgespielt werden). Im Spiel selbst sind aber diese Loop-Animationen OK, auch die gespiegelten. Vielleicht liegt der Fehler in den Animationen selbst, und Vis 5.0 ist da vielleicht weniger tolerant als 4.2.5; ich versuche, die Frames neu zu überarbeiten.

Größere Animationen brauchen sehr lange (länger als in 5.0 RC oder 4.2.5), um in die Frameleiste eingepflegt zu werden. Ich kann nicht sagen, ob deshalb die Animationen nicht abgespielt werden, weil sie bei Abruf noch nicht geladen sind. Vorladen brachte nichts.

Bislang steht nichts im Wege, bei einem neuen Spiel gleich die Version 5 zu verwenden. Alle Bugs, die hier aufgelistet wurden, kann ich noch nicht nachprüfen.

_______

Great work for the first time. All display errors - such as overlapping icons or hidden fonts - seem to be eliminated, even with a 4:3 monitor. I loaded a slightly bolder DIN font into the CSS (the light one was unreadable) and so far the Visionaire editor works well.

In the old imported games from version 4.2.5, the two main problems still occur (some large animations are not played, no matter if WEBP or PNG, and in the case of mirrored animations in the person menu preview, the editor crashes in some cases regularly, even though the normal  ones are playing. In the game itself, all person-loop-animations are OK, the mirrored also. Maybe the mistake lies in the animations themselves, and Vis 5.0 is perhaps less tolerant than 4.2.5; I'm trying to rework the frames.

Larger animations take a long time (longer than in 5.0 RC or 4.2.5) to be entered into the frame bar. I don't know if the animations are not playing because they are not yet loaded on demand. Preloading didn't make it better.

In future I can use version 5 in a new game. All the bugs which have been listed here, I can't still check.

Thread Captain

1097 Posts

• #54, by wischnikMonday, 23. April 2018, 18:39 6 years ago
    @wischnik It seems like you don't have write access to your export folder or it doesn't exist. I'll check on the retina issue later, have a high dpi display myself.

hello simon,

i am still struggeling with the build game issue that might be related to my retina display. i created a new dummy game from scratch but it reproduces the same issue.

25 Posts

• #55, by Simon_ASAThursday, 26. April 2018, 10:38 6 years ago
    @Machtnix
    I have the same problem with animations, sometimes they are not displayed and I don't know how to fix it.

Simon it's fantastic to see all these updates. Keep up the good work!

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #56, by SimonSThursday, 26. April 2018, 11:26 6 years ago
    @wischnik: Please post your logs, report.txt in the output folder and viseditor.log in /Users/simon/Library/Logs/Visionaire Editor/

@Machtnix: Bei Abstürzen brauch auch auf jeden Fall auch die Dumps, wurden die gesendet ? Was heißt denn dauert länger um eingepflegt zu werden ? Bei Sequenz laden ?

@caligarimarte: for the edge handling, which setting are you using ? Animations that change the owner via property frames often don't work quite as expected... Reproduction material to me please.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #57, by caligarimarteThursday, 26. April 2018, 14:25 6 years ago
    @caligarimarte: for the edge handling, which setting are you using ?
    Actually, I had not used any specified Handling, which worked well before -- I have now set the Handling to 1 for both Moons and it works perfectly as it should. (It was just weird how something that had worked before suddenly worked differently.)
    Animations that change the owner via property frames often don't work quite as expected... Reproduction material to me please.
    Well, but the Animation-Chains Have worked flawlessly before the Update. I think the Problem might have another Dimension to it which I hadn't previously noticed: In my Animation-Chain, I also have the Character play an Animation that is categorized as Part of a different Outfit than the current one. Even if I manually add an Outfit-Change before playing that Animation, I cannot entirely fix the Animation-Chain that Way either, and it feels super buggy.
    So here, as Reproduction Material, I have mostly only left the necessary Elements in this File -- sorry the File is still somewhat big, hope it helps: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7bpwtzu5r5pg3z7/Vis_AnimChainBug.r...

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #58, by nick-lThursday, 26. April 2018, 20:25 6 years ago
    Am I the only mac user that can't build a game and find the player to be broken since updating to 5.04? Is there a way to make my project compatible with 5.03 since I saved it in 5.04? 

49 Posts

• #59, by joemidThursday, 26. April 2018, 23:06 6 years ago
    Am I the only mac user that can't build a game and find the player to be broken since updating to 5.04? Is there a way to make my project compatible with 5.03 since I saved it in 5.04? 
    @nick-l What happens when you try to build a game?  I am on MacBook Pro Retina HS 10.13.4 VS 5.0.4 Build works fine.

87 Posts

• #60, by nick-lFriday, 27. April 2018, 11:29 6 years ago
    @Joe the build takes significantly less time than building with 5.03 and when I run the project, I only get a black screen. Fortunately I was able to open a backup on 5.03 and everything is fine now.

I am on a Macbook pro Retina on HS 10.13.3.  

By the way are you experiencing the problem with the visionnaire player displaying the game at the bottom left hand of the screen as well in the actual resolution ? 

49 Posts