Improvements for VS 5 or 6 or even later - just ideas

• #60, by afrlmeThursday, 26. February 2015, 11:03 9 years ago
    Was proposed for sometime this month (I think the devs said), but I can't guarantee that, as the devs are still plugging away at it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #61, by JoelMonday, 02. March 2015, 10:47 9 years ago
    This might already have been suggested but i think Keyboard Controls would be nice, even just very basic ones for letting the character go left and right (like The Cat Lady).

As well as a WYSIWYG Interface for the Shader Toolkit smile

Forum Fan

129 Posts

• #62, by SimonSMonday, 02. March 2015, 11:39 9 years ago
    The next update will be rather a bugfix release, not so many new features, only some. We are actually waiting for iOS, how that turns out... But no news there. And I totally want a WYSIWYG interface for the shaders, would somebody please write that ? grin

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #63, by afrlmeMonday, 02. March 2015, 13:28 9 years ago
    I guess you would be the person to code that Simon!

I think the only way that would be possible, is if you actually implemented the shader toolkit into the engine source code, no? Currently it's available as a addon, which can be customized, edited & improved upon by anyone who wants to use it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #64, by LebosteinTuesday, 17. March 2015, 21:42 9 years ago
    Please add a Actions tab to the scene editor. Why I should not generate local action parts to call them (as subroutines) from other action parts?

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #65, by afrlmeTuesday, 17. March 2015, 22:01 9 years ago
    Please add a Actions tab to the scene editor. Why I should not generate local action parts to call them (as subroutines) from other action parts?

eh? There is an actions tab for creating begin / end & called by other action actions. Or maybe you are talking about something else entirely?

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #66, by LebosteinWednesday, 18. March 2015, 11:51 9 years ago
    Sorry, I was confused yesterday! Forget what I wrote red

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #67, by darren-beckettTuesday, 24. March 2015, 15:34 9 years ago
    A good feature would be to allow grouping of scenes within the Scene TreeView.
    We could then (For example), create a group called House and have multiple scenes/rooms within that 'House' group. We could then have a second group called Office and have multiple rooms within the 'Office' group. We could then easily expand/collapse our groups of scenes to organise projects better.
    (See Attached Example)

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #68, by afrlmeTuesday, 24. March 2015, 15:44 9 years ago
    Grouping has been mentioned many times before. I don't know if it will get implemented at some point or not, but it's nice to see an example of what it could look like.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #69, by LebosteinSunday, 05. July 2015, 11:42 9 years ago
    Other useful action part:
    If item "xyz" is (is not) in inventory of character "abc"

I wonder why this very basic adventure thing is not in the action part list ...roll

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #70, by ke4Friday, 14. August 2015, 12:09 9 years ago
    I might already mentioned some of these, but this is a summary of what i've been missing in the few past months.

The first thing is related to the large amount of content. Characters has a plenty of animations and the game itself a plenty of scenes.
    It would be useful to order the scenes&animations from the newest as i need to scroll through all the animations i've already done ( and probably won't need anymore )
    And have the option to put animations into folders in character's character animation tab.

And the other thing is a comment line in the actions part section as i'm mostly lost when i need go back to the scenes a did a months ago when i need to change something.

Last thing and that probably have nothing to do with the engine, but when i want to add some sounds/images/animations or whatever it always open the root folder of my resources instead of the last time used folder. ( but sometimes it works, but it's rare ) And again a have a lot folders i need to go through all the time.

Key Killer

810 Posts