Improvements for VS 5 or 6 or even later - just ideas

• #50, by afrlmeTuesday, 27. January 2015, 21:04 10 years ago
    Color coding & back button sound like interesting ideas (note the way I wrote color? I hate the British version of words containing the pointless "U"). grin

In regards to sound fx & positioning. Actually possible with a bit of scripting. I already wrote scripts for dynamic sound, but don't know if I want to share them on the wiki. I waste too much time writing & sharing stuff for free already. The basic gist of the script is to calculate position of character, position of object & then compare with a percentage based on current position of character over scene total width/height or based on position of character in the viewport.

P.S: here's a few things coming in the next build (the actual changelog is quite large):
    * Retina (HiDPI) bug fix
    * New option for interfaces (always display - even during cut-scenes)
    * New animation frame displacement tool (for offsetting / aligning up animation frames)
    * Character speed action part affects walk speed (again)
    * Gesture support (phones/tablets)
    * & much, much more...

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #51, by unrealTuesday, 27. January 2015, 21:41 10 years ago

andiliddell
    A filter option on room objects:
    I use a prefix for all room objects (_gfx,_item etc) would be great to filter by these to find items faster in complex rooms with many objects. Or even an option to colour code or toggle/hide objects from the list.

Awesome idea ! wink

66 Posts

• #52, by minibigsWednesday, 25. February 2015, 16:51 9 years ago
    I would like to see the cut & paste implementation improved, especially in the areas of copying blocks of action areas, but more importantly for me would be the ability to copy & paste action script names.

To elaborate, a scene in my game might well have over 150 display text inter- reactions in 50 or more action scripts.
    After writing the scene I go back and add speech to all the display texts.
    I store these speeches in one folder per scene, each speech is named the same as the action script that activates it plus a suffix number if needed.

With no copy & paste, it means I have to type in the action script name again 50+ times, instead of just copying it from the editor.

79 Posts

• #53, by minibigsWednesday, 25. February 2015, 16:54 9 years ago
    Other things I would like is the ability to add comment lines & blocks to action scripts & to be able to comment action script lines out individually or in blocks.

79 Posts

• #54, by afrlmeWednesday, 25. February 2015, 18:52 9 years ago
    You mean to enable / disable action parts in an action list? That would be a pretty nice feature I think & would be great for debugging / testing things out, without having to remove current action parts.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #55, by minibigsWednesday, 25. February 2015, 20:36 9 years ago
    Yes exactly that. Something like a comment start / end wrapper line that you could add into a script that disables the block of code in between and maybe a quick way for an individual line ... highlight the line & press comment toggle button to comment out / uncomment perhaps?

79 Posts

• #56, by afrlmeWednesday, 25. February 2015, 20:55 9 years ago
    My thoughts on this would be a simple indicator like grayed out text. Right click an action part & enable / disable the action part or maybe there could be a button. It is an interesting idea, all the same.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #57, by minibigsWednesday, 25. February 2015, 21:46 9 years ago
    Yes, that would work well, as long as the greyed out text is still legible. It would be relatively quick & easy to disable blocks of action parts using a right click action.

79 Posts

• #58, by minibigsWednesday, 25. February 2015, 21:47 9 years ago
    But it would also be nice to be able to add comment lines as well for documentation purposes, etc.

79 Posts

• #59, by ke4Thursday, 26. February 2015, 07:54 9 years ago
    Any estimate when the next build might be released? Looks like big update, can't wait :-)

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #60, by afrlmeThursday, 26. February 2015, 11:03 9 years ago
    Was proposed for sometime this month (I think the devs said), but I can't guarantee that, as the devs are still plugging away at it.

Imperator

7278 Posts