[SOLVED]visionaire studio 5 on linux ubuntu

• #1, by blanoWednesday, 22. August 2018, 20:02 6 years ago
    is there any way to run this beautiful editor on ubuntu? i'm tring with WINE and playonlinux!!! THANX my friends

68 Posts

• #2, by NigecWednesday, 22. August 2018, 20:42 6 years ago
    Someone claimed the editor worked under Wine about 3 years ago but there is no insight to which version of Linux or VS
    I seem to remember version 3.71 working but the search feature doesn't go back that far, I don't think you can get that version now

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #3, by blanoWednesday, 22. August 2018, 20:57 6 years ago
    ok i guess i have to install older version on of VISeditor, do you know if i would have much missing pieces of editor?

68 Posts

• #4, by blanoWednesday, 22. August 2018, 21:00 6 years ago
    can be the virtual machine a valid alternative? thx for you patience

68 Posts

• #5, by afrlmeWednesday, 22. August 2018, 21:12 6 years ago
    5.x has a ton of features & improvements over 3.7.1 & even 4.x. You would be missing the shorthand Lua, all the new Lua functions & data structure fields, lots of new action parts, the modern ui & cross-platform export support. 3.7.1 was windows only; both editor & export.

As for your question, I have no idea sorry. I'm not a linux user, never have been & I wouldn't have a clue where to start. Maybe SimonS might have an idea of how you can get the windows version of the editor to work on a linux machine?

A virtual machine should be valid for the windows version - you don't really need massive amounts of system resources to run the editor, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #6, by blanoWednesday, 22. August 2018, 22:04 6 years ago
    Thx for the support Big BOYS, i'll try to use a virtual machine, see ya soon!

68 Posts

• #7, by AlexThursday, 23. August 2018, 00:34 6 years ago
    We're actually already able to build the Editor on Linux. I'm on Ubuntu and already using the native Editor which seems to run fine so far. So I hope we can provide a Visionaire Linux package in the near future. It would also be interesting to see if there are more people here who would be interested in a Linux build.

Great Poster

378 Posts

• #8, by NigecThursday, 23. August 2018, 07:46 6 years ago
    I have Linux Lubuntu xfce so I'd be up for doing some testing Alex if you did do a Linux version.
    It would be another string to your bow if you did a Linx studio wink

I've used Virtualbox with Mac and Linux and it always ran ok within reason on Windows 10

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #9, by sebastianThursday, 23. August 2018, 08:08 6 years ago
    native Linux support would be great anyway. There are a lot of people out there living the linux way of life and want to create games. They then obviously pick engines that are supported for their systems. 

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #10, by blanoThursday, 23. August 2018, 22:43 6 years ago
    ok! just installed virtualbox with Win 10 it seems work for now!
    Thank you all guys

68 Posts

• #11, by blanoMonday, 27. August 2018, 13:40 6 years ago
    hi people..
    just trying to test my demo in my OS (ubuntu), i downloaded the player and built the demo but the start shell script doesn't work.. any ideas? i menaged permissions of start file

current vis editor 5.0

68 Posts