[SOLVED]visionaire studio 5 on linux ubuntu

• #10, by blanoMonday, 27. August 2018, 13:40 6 years ago
    hi people..
    just trying to test my demo in my OS (ubuntu), i downloaded the player and built the demo but the start shell script doesn't work.. any ideas? i menaged permissions of start file

current vis editor 5.0

68 Posts

• #11, by NigecMonday, 27. August 2018, 15:08 6 years ago
    make sure the config ini is right, mac was leaving off the vis file extension.. also try starting it via terminal and see if any dependents are missing.. I seem to remember Sandra and Woo didn't run first time for me  on Linux but I have no idea what was wrong now

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #12, by NigecMonday, 27. August 2018, 16:52 6 years ago
    Ok, trying my game its telling me libpng12.so is missing however it is installed in the os

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #13, by blanoMonday, 27. August 2018, 17:27 6 years ago
    <it looks="" like="" the="" player="" crashed!="" if="" you="" need="" support,="" please="" include="" the<br="">contents of the log file in your problem report.
    Unfortunately, no log file has been created!>

this is the message i receive in terminal after start run attempt

EDIT: i have your same message in terminal: problem with libpng12.so.0

</it>

68 Posts

• #14, by NigecMonday, 27. August 2018, 20:50 6 years ago
    I think Simon needs to update the so files as I have libpng12 and it also complains libavcodec.so.56 is missing which I have a newer version

I downloaded those two files and put them in the libs64 folder and got it working
    The start file creates a directory in .local/share I think its folder visionairestudio and it'll have the messages.log file and a folder with the same name as your vis file.. I put my project files in that folder and it worked, but not full screen, it just failed with no warning

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #15, by blanoMonday, 27. August 2018, 20:58 6 years ago
    understand... just tryng to do your same steps, can you tell me what you did exactrly? for example where did you put the libpng and the other files? thaks a lot nigec

68 Posts

• #16, by NigecTuesday, 28. August 2018, 11:35 6 years ago
    the *.so files i put in the libs64 folder that comes with the built game, as in the picture.
    I set the permmisions on the folder for everyone

You don't need to do anything with the folder in .local/share/visionairestudio.. that's just were the log file goes.. It just was just confusing to why terminal was saying it couldn't find a config.ini when it actually was

I can't run my game full screen, I have no idea why, there is no errors in terminal or the log..

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #17, by blanoTuesday, 28. August 2018, 16:57 6 years ago
    Nigec, YOU ARE MY HERO! i finally run my demo! i know i had to set config.ini to non-fullscreen to work but it's ok for me! thank you a LOT!

68 Posts

• #18, by NigecTuesday, 28. August 2018, 18:09 6 years ago
    glad to help smile
    I have have no idea why our games wont run full screen, maybe start a "bug" topic?

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #19, by blanoTuesday, 28. August 2018, 23:38 6 years ago
    ok i can open a new topic if you want.. let me know!

i said it's ok for me to have a non-fullscreen cause i set the game resolution to 1200x720 in my monitor and it's not too small

68 Posts

• #20, by NigecWednesday, 29. August 2018, 13:36 6 years ago
    I only test stuff on the linux machine, I've tried setting it as auto/desktop/game and adjusted the log but it doesn't show an error
    I think it does need reporting in a new thread

Key Killer

627 Posts