[SOLVED]visionaire studio 5 on linux ubuntu

• #20, by NigecWednesday, 29. August 2018, 13:36 6 years ago
    I only test stuff on the linux machine, I've tried setting it as auto/desktop/game and adjusted the log but it doesn't show an error
    I think it does need reporting in a new thread

Key Killer

628 Posts

• #21, by sebastianWednesday, 29. August 2018, 15:47 6 years ago
    I only test stuff on the linux machine, I've tried setting it as auto/desktop/game and adjusted the log but it doesn't show an error
    I think it does need reporting in a new thread

please check if you edited the right config.ini.
    Mostly one file is located at game export with the game and mostly a new one gets generated in the games folder ~/.local/share/pathto/game/config.ini

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #22, by NigecWednesday, 29. August 2018, 20:15 6 years ago
    the one I'm editing is changing full screen, the debug etc.. I had the project in the share folder at one point
    It will run windowed, the resulution of the laptop is bigger than the resolution of the game, I think the laptop is 1280x768 the game is 800x600
    I would put it down to the Intel graphics card however Sandra and Woo worked fine and ran very well

Maybe its a missmatch with the libs, my system has newer

From what I've read IOS and Android also have issues

Key Killer

628 Posts

• #23, by tobias-braunSunday, 13. October 2019, 18:27 4 years ago
    We're actually already able to build the Editor on Linux. I'm on Ubuntu and already using the native Editor which seems to run fine so far. So I hope we can provide a Visionaire Linux package in the near future. It would also be interesting to see if there are more people here who would be interested in a Linux build.
    Is there a build available for linux?

5 Posts

• #24, by eribanTuesday, 15. October 2019, 22:52 4 years ago
    I'd like to test the Linux build, too!

5 Posts

• #25, by tobias-braunFriday, 18. October 2019, 08:09 4 years ago
    We're actually already able to build the Editor on Linux. I'm on Ubuntu and already using the native Editor which seems to run fine so far. So I hope we can provide a Visionaire Linux package in the near future. It would also be interesting to see if there are more people here who would be interested in a Linux build.
    Is there a build available for linux?

With a linux build, I would buy a license and start using visionaire studio. Its really not that convinient to use linux for creating sprites and sound and stuff and than have to work in a vm for the game editor

5 Posts