Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #10, by LebosteinWednesday, 01. February 2017, 06:54 7 years ago
    Particle system:

1. what means "center position" in particle system? Center position in the room coordinate system? Or center position relative to the object position which the particle system belongs?

2. would be nice to can set the "center position" by simple clicking in room preview.

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #11, by marvelWednesday, 01. February 2017, 08:01 7 years ago
    @caligarimate: Your shaders script is outdated and needs to get updated. After that your shaders will work again. I had the same problem. We can post the new script here or send it to you. smile 

This may also be the problem with your starting sequence. You could send us your game (or a reduced part of it) and check it for you.

Please make some screenshots of the other problems in the editor... this way it's easier for us to understand and fix.

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #12, by esmeraldaWednesday, 01. February 2017, 09:22 7 years ago
    The new editor works on top of DirectX 11 and requires feature level 10 (will complain about that in this case). If it doesn't work you can try DX9 or OpenGL with the command line (-dev gl / -dev dx9).
    I'm sorry to say that I don't have a clue about anything regarding programming... Does this mean I can run the programm on DX9 if I put in the command line? And if so, where do I put the command line - in cmd.exe?
    I would love to try the beta on my old PC here at work, my PC at home runs on DX11 hopefully (have to check, could be DX10).

Key Killer

513 Posts

• #13, by LebosteinWednesday, 01. February 2017, 09:35 7 years ago
    I don't understand that DirectX limitation too. The player needs DX9 only, and the editor DX11? What special features the editor needs to force the newest DirectX version? And just for understanding: can anyone explain why the editor doesn't work with Windows XP anymore? It is the DX9 limitation of XP? Or is Visionaire a 64-Bit application now? Thanks!

Key Killer

621 Posts

• #14, by Simon_ASAWednesday, 01. February 2017, 10:55 7 years ago
    Thanks for the hard work SimonS, I'm sure that it must be a great achievement for you.
    Congrats to the whole team for this new version.

For the moment I prefer to continue with the old 4.2.5 because I have started a new project with it.

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #15, by SimonSWednesday, 01. February 2017, 10:56 7 years ago
    @esmeralda: Wenn you press settings for the link you can change the command line like I do in the screenshot.

Shaders have to be crosscompiled now, the tools are not yet in the editor. The new shaderscript is here:

@Paupasia: Well I didn't expect a resolution so small like 768 in height. We will take it into account.

@caligarimarte: Could you send me the game? First time I heard of that.

@Lebostein: The editor uses some APIs that are not available in XP. So it won't run there. Has little to do with DX11.

For now there have only been 3 crash dumps, so I think that's okay.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #16, by AkcayKaraazmakWednesday, 01. February 2017, 11:30 7 years ago
    Simon, can we know control the character by keyboard WASD? And Can we play videos as scene objects in the scenes? Cheers mate smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #17, by Simon_ASAWednesday, 01. February 2017, 11:47 7 years ago
    I couldn't resist and tried the Beta with my new project. Everything is working fine (keyboard control with the old script gives good result for me). I only had to update the shaders script with the new one.

Now the game seems to run more smoothly, a little faster it would seem. But the biggest improvement is indeed the interface. That's a true pleasure to use the Action Areas in the Way System without a crash!!!

Questions:

- can I change the windows position or the tabs order to personalize the interface?

- Is it risky to work on my project with the Beta now?
    I just don't want to go back to 4.2.5 because of the actions areas crash! roll

- can I see the name of the file that I'm currently working on? It's not very important, but I like to know the iterative number of my saves, in order to avoid saving on the wrong file.

There are many new things to find and try, it's cool.
    I just discovered the option to place snoop animations. If only I had had this for my previous game!! lol

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #18, by sebastianWednesday, 01. February 2017, 12:00 7 years ago
    oh no,  no mac beta version T__T

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #19, by Simon_ASAWednesday, 01. February 2017, 12:07 7 years ago
    Small bugs:

- in Display Narration Text, the English flag icon doesn't show (I can see the French flag)

- a small translation issue I think: to move an action area it is written "STRG to move", but I don't know what is STRG. I tried with CTRL and it works.

- when I use Call/Quit action, if I want to call a script in a Scene Object, the names in the list don't display anymore the Objects' names. As a result when there are several "Left Click" actions, I don't know which one to call, because I don't know on which Object (Layer) they are. It happens rarely that I call a Left Click, but sometime I have to do it.

Great Poster

321 Posts

• #20, by LebosteinWednesday, 01. February 2017, 12:09 7 years ago
    oh no,  no mac beta version T__T
    Yeah. I can not test also. I only have Linux, Mac OS and a Virtual Windows XP. None of these systems is suitable. I hope a Mac OS version is planned.

Key Killer

621 Posts