Use Unreal Engine 4 as Room Creator?

• #10, by afrlmeMonday, 12. October 2015, 17:27 9 years ago
    I don't really think any of the 3D programs are all that easy to use. They each have their own different workflows. Some things are probably easier to do in one program, whereas other things are easier to do in another. I think it's more a case of trying out each program & seeing which one feels right to you.

P.S: I'm not a 3D person. I tried Blender the other year for about 30 minutes or so & ended up giving up as there was way too many shortcuts & options (as there is in all 3D graphic programs) for me to remember, which isn't good as I don't have the best of memory to begin with.

P.P.S: I think that Blender is one of the go to programs for most beginners of 3D modeling / architecture & also for people who can't afford to drop big $$$ on the more well known commercial programs as you are talking $1000's of dollars for those things.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #11, by burningsimonMonday, 12. October 2015, 18:13 9 years ago
    I don't really think any of the 3D programs are all that easy to use. They each have their own different workflows. Some things are probably easier to do in one program, whereas other things are easier to do in another. I think it's more a case of trying out each program & seeing which one feels right to you.

P.S: I'm not a 3D person. I tried Blender the other year for about 30 minutes or so & ended up giving up as there was way too many shortcuts & options (as there is in all 3D graphic programs) for me to remember, which isn't good as I don't have the best of memory to begin with.

P.P.S: I think that Blender is one of the go to programs for most beginners of 3D modeling / architecture & also for people who can't afford to drop big $$$ on the more well known commercial programs as you are talking $1000's of dollars for those things.

okey thx wink

14 Posts

• #12, by crankshaft87Tuesday, 13. October 2015, 03:07 9 years ago
    So as a blender user for ages i can tell you: I know exactly what you mean. Around 50 hours of learning in Blender will take you far, but thats the problem... Who wants to invest 50 hours for a basicly easy rendering? Blender especially with Cycles Render can be a huge pain to learn. When it comes to texturing, then Blender once again is by far not easy to use and in my experience a complete mess. The 3D structure itself is easly built with blender no question, but the texturing is a mess. You could work around that if you use a realtime-texturing-program like substance painter, but this thing is 130€ Steam market... I attach you a rendering for a scene i did with Blender.. It took "only" 20 hours... -.-

PS: The white area in the screen is transperancy for an animation.

20 Posts