Use Unreal Engine 4 as Room Creator?

• #1, by burningsimonSunday, 11. October 2015, 23:02 9 years ago
    Hey,

i really want to make a PaC First Person Adventure and i want to use 3D Rooms but pre-rendered.

I thought perhaps i can use Unreal Engine 4 for the Rooms, make Screenshots and use them in VS.

Is that allowed?

If not: Is there a good and easy alternate (and pls not blender :o)

Greets, Simon.

14 Posts

• #2, by tristan-kangSunday, 11. October 2015, 23:23 9 years ago
    Why no blender? lol

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #3, by burningsimonSunday, 11. October 2015, 23:36 9 years ago
    Why no blender? lol

I am to dumb for blender roll

14 Posts

• #4, by tristan-kangSunday, 11. October 2015, 23:43 9 years ago
    So your name is Simon? You are 3rd Simon in this forum. First is one of devs of VS, second is one game developer in here, third is you.

Okay, on-topic. I think you can do it with the screenshots from your Unreal Engine game.

But actually to be honest it's better just stick to Unreal Engine and make first-person adventure for smooth moving. VS is supposed to make 2D adventure games...

However, you can make game like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGUCSBs0TU8

If it's the game you want to make, then it's okay to use screenshots. And capture some videos for cutscenes.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #5, by afrlmeSunday, 11. October 2015, 23:57 9 years ago
    Make your graphics in whatever program you like. The only thing Visionaire Studio requires is that you import images / animations into it as png or webp format. I recommend webp though because the file sizes are much smaller than png which means you save hd space & animations / images will load faster.

Other alternatives to blender are: Cinema4d (doubt it's any easier), 3DS Max or Maya (definitely not easier) & sketchup (ok for quick & dirty room creations, not sure how flexible it is, but easy enough to use).

@ DEshini: definitely not the first Simon, nor the last. There has been plenty of those passing through. We lost one of them to Unity last year as he was supposed to make his game on VS, then he ended up with a team of developers working on the game who would only work on it if they could use Unity.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #6, by tristan-kangMonday, 12. October 2015, 00:04 9 years ago
    @ DEshini: definitely not the first Simon, nor the last. There has been plenty of those passing through. We lost one of them to Unity last year as he was supposed to make his game on VS, then he ended up with a team of developers working on the game who would only work on it if they could use Unity.

Unity, Unity. What a magical all arounder game engine. Haha

Simon is kinda common name tho.

Great Poster

267 Posts

• #7, by burningsimonMonday, 12. October 2015, 09:46 9 years ago
    Lol haha everyone is talking about my name
    grin

On-Topic: Yeah ok thank you, but does Unreal Engine allows to use the Screenshots in other Engines?

14 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeMonday, 12. October 2015, 10:56 9 years ago
    Lol haha everyone is talking about my name
    grin

On-Topic: Yeah ok thank you, but does Unreal Engine allows to use the Screenshots in other Engines?

Er... er... er... I don't know what Unreal allow. I provide support for Visionaire Studio. Sorry.

P.S: if you are copy / pasting or exporting the images out as stills then how are they going to know? Well unless you use any 3D models / backgrounds that exclusively come with their game engine (if any do - I have Unreal 4 on my laptop, but haven't got round to checking it out).

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by derOesiMonday, 12. October 2015, 14:50 9 years ago
    as far as I know, the licensing of unreal includes a clause for vfx/machinima/movies which says you can create renderings, even commercial ones without the usual 5?% fee... but simply check out the license for yourself.

anyway, I have to ask... why in the hell would you want to do that? smile take max, maya, blender or whatever and render your images there... realtime engines heavily limit your available featureset, need way more complex setups even for simple objects, etc.. it simply makes no sense to me.

48 Posts

• #10, by burningsimonMonday, 12. October 2015, 17:08 9 years ago
    Thanks i decided to work with Blender now, its far better you are absolutly right smile

Perhaps anyone have any easier alternates to blender?

Thx so much <3

14 Posts

• #11, by afrlmeMonday, 12. October 2015, 17:27 9 years ago
    I don't really think any of the 3D programs are all that easy to use. They each have their own different workflows. Some things are probably easier to do in one program, whereas other things are easier to do in another. I think it's more a case of trying out each program & seeing which one feels right to you.

P.S: I'm not a 3D person. I tried Blender the other year for about 30 minutes or so & ended up giving up as there was way too many shortcuts & options (as there is in all 3D graphic programs) for me to remember, which isn't good as I don't have the best of memory to begin with.

P.P.S: I think that Blender is one of the go to programs for most beginners of 3D modeling / architecture & also for people who can't afford to drop big $$$ on the more well known commercial programs as you are talking $1000's of dollars for those things.

Imperator

7278 Posts