Release date for 4.3?

• #150, by AkcayKaraazmakSaturday, 10. December 2016, 08:43 8 years ago
    Guys I mean, controling the character movement with keyboard, for example with WASD and sure clicking with mouse. Please Simon, add this feature mate smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #151, by anna-arnoldSaturday, 10. December 2016, 11:03 8 years ago
    And I really meant Keyboard Navigation within Visionaire. I'm not sure how or whether you could implement that, but I have some ideas how that could look like. Quite a bit like programming GUI's; you can navigate with the mouse, but you also can write it down. In this case with autofill; 
    like you're typing "Dis" and the Programm suggests 
    "Display text"
    "Display Option Text"
    "Display Narration Text"

and then you write down "Display text by Character A..."and the Programm suggests (in my case) 
    "Abigal"
    "Agabe"

But I still would like to mention that I enjoy working with Visionaire even without that function. 
    And if Sebastian meant ME when he said "He"; I'm pretty sure female. I didn't know that it's still rare for Women to do IT stuff.

95 Posts

• #152, by afrlmeSaturday, 10. December 2016, 13:42 8 years ago
    And I really meant Keyboard Navigation within Visionaire. I'm not sure how or whether you could implement that, but I have some ideas how that could look like. Quite a bit like programming GUI's; you can navigate with the mouse, but you also can write it down. In this case with autofill; 
    like you're typing "Dis" and the Programm suggests 
    "Display text"
    "Display Option Text"
    "Display Narration Text"

and then you write down "Display text by Character A..."and the Programm suggests (in my case) 
    "Abigal"
    "Agabe"

But I still would like to mention that I enjoy working with Visionaire even without that function. 
    And if Sebastian meant ME when he said "He"; I'm pretty sure female. I didn't know that it's still rare for Women to do IT stuff.
    We have a higher percentage of males joining the site than female. I guess that's always been the case with game development, but I'm sure it will even out over time. smile

Most of the best graphic artists & concept artists these days for game design I believe are female. I don't know about programming/scripting & other game design/development positions.

As for "he" I believe it is because he didn't check your profile & also because you didn't have that avatar when he replied. Also, some people that don't speak English natively sometimes get he/she & him/her wrong - I've seen it plenty of times in other forums. Also the new VS forum doesn't specify gender for some reason.

The text input thing you mention would be auto-complete which is something I've been wanting for ages too, but for the scripting side of things as it's one of the features I use most when I script in Sublime Text. It saves a lot of time. It sounds like a nice feature to include as search when looking for specific action parts too. By the way you can change the action part dropdown list via extras > options > display.

https://i.gyazo.com/4b773944e247bd094eb78fe4c165270a.png

https://i.gyazo.com/902b6f138d3f8bbb8ed727a897398ef2.png

which will enable the popup window with easier to select from categories & a list of quick access action parts that you use most frequently on the left hand side. Much easier to use than dropdown list.

https://i.gyazo.com/bc765005bdcc6db09ff9f7ea8bb68de7.png

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #153, by anna-arnoldSaturday, 10. December 2016, 15:48 8 years ago
    ...which will enable the popup window with easier to select from categories & a list of quick access action parts that you use most frequently on the left hand side. Much easier to use than dropdown list.
    Yes, you're right. Thank you for the advice. smile Quite interesting to see which action parts you use frequently grin 
    The text input thing you mention would be auto-complete which is something I've been wanting for ages too, but for the scripting side of things as it's one of the features I use most when I script in Sublime Text. It saves a lot of time. It sounds like a nice feature to include as search when looking for specific action parts too.
    Exactly; it saves time. That's what I'm primarily talking about. 

And yes I admit it; I changed the Profile Picture so that anyone can see: I'm Female.

95 Posts

• #154, by AkcayKaraazmakSunday, 11. December 2016, 09:33 8 years ago
    So no news for moving character by keaboard, like WASD ? smile

Great Poster

440 Posts

• #155, by afrlmeSunday, 11. December 2016, 13:17 8 years ago
    So no news for moving character by keaboard, like WASD ? smile

He said he'd write a script for it. I guess one you can drop in like the shader toolkit...

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #156, by sebastianMonday, 12. December 2016, 19:50 8 years ago
    wasn't keyboard controls also supported via a lua script? Or was it the controller movement? Nonetheless it worked not very good in small resolution games beause the movement was very shuttering... Guess there needs to be a lot of tweeking to get the right amount of pixelmovements done.

But i think this will work out well in 4.3 ... Deponia was released for PS4 lately. But i dont know if they used natively VS to get this done or a third party solution to controll the game via some kind of wrapper...

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #157, by TinTinTuesday, 13. December 2016, 14:06 8 years ago
    Please and please add ' turn before walking' or ' Custom turning ' in new version for 2D games . It's very very useful for better high quality animations .

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #158, by jmbmThursday, 15. December 2016, 21:15 8 years ago
    Ich weiß nicht ob das wirklich neu ist, aber Visionaire scheint wohl einen HTML5-Export zu bekommen. Zumindest wurde das neue Neo Magazin Spiel mit Visionaire gemacht und ist im Browser spielbar. smile

27 Posts

• #159, by afrlmeFriday, 16. December 2016, 00:45 7 years ago
    Ich weiß nicht ob das wirklich neu ist, aber Visionaire scheint wohl einen HTML5-Export zu bekommen. Zumindest wurde das neue Neo Magazin Spiel mit Visionaire gemacht und ist im Browser spielbar. smile

No, not new news, but something I am waiting for, as it should make it easier to kickoff some Visionaire Studio competitions, similar to the MAGS (monthly adventure game studio) competitions. I'm hoping html5 export will be included in the free (evaluation) version of VS, but not holding my breath.

Would be very happy if they included export options for everything in the evaluation version while leaving the 10 scene cap or something so people can't exploit it. Or maybe it could include a watermark or something.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #160, by LebosteinSaturday, 17. December 2016, 14:03 7 years ago
    Is this a screenshot of the new code editor?

https://images.siteface.net/siteface//CMS/5//1920/visionaire-scripting.jpg
    sceenshot from Visionaire main page

Key Killer

621 Posts