First Person Adventure

• #1, by AmokiRoshiWednesday, 19. November 2014, 09:14 10 years ago
    Hi,
    Is it hard to make a first person adventure ?
    Here's an example to have a better idea. (Bosch's Damnation: A Carol Reed Mystery)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-JJccwWP_o
    I don't have any programming skills,is there like a template or some tutorial to help me do something like this ?Do you guys know a similar first person game made with Visionaire ?
    Thanks in advance for any kind of info regarding this subject.

2 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeWednesday, 19. November 2014, 12:03 10 years ago
    There is a basic template available which was made by one of our members, which can be found in this thread here.

This is a first person game that is currently being developed using the Visionaire Studio engine @ here.

There are a few members on here that focus on first person adventure games & they would be the best people to ask about how to start making them. They are known on here as: Nigec, Millenium2k & Simon_ASA.

This thread here that Simon wrote has lots of useful information such as: his working process, from ideas, to how he created the artwork, to piecing it together in Visionaire Studio. I believe there's also a little tutorial on how he did some of the stuff for his upcoming game with Visionaire Studio from about page 3 onwards.

Hopefully this will be enough stuff to get started. Also there's currently a competition underway at the minute & hopefully there will be some first person game entries (templates) which will be available to download via the wiki once uploaded/shared to us.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by AmokiRoshiWednesday, 19. November 2014, 12:12 10 years ago
    AFRLme ,Thank you very much.This is more than a great start.For now I'm just comparing different game engines and Visionaire looks great,I actually found about it while playing Daeponia and other games.I will take the time to look into this information.And the example you linked is perfect as gameplay.

2 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeWednesday, 19. November 2014, 13:32 10 years ago
    No problem.

First person is relatively easy enough to create in Visionaire Studio as you don't have to bother animating or rigging up a controllable third person character. You can use scene edge scroll option for scenes larger than the game default resolution you specify to navigate. Plus all the actions can be done with the immediate actions which means you don't really need to create a proper control interface either as all mouse buttons are already available for immediate actions.

Imperator

7278 Posts