VS4.2 Crash - Scene Objects to Way System

• #1, by darren-beckettSunday, 31. May 2015, 15:40 9 years ago
    VS4.2 crashes 90% of the time after changing Scene Object Properties (Design-time) and then Clicking the Way Systems tab.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeSunday, 31. May 2015, 16:24 9 years ago
    Probably a bug related to WxWidgets (again). I'm sure the devs will sort it out as soon as able.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by dos4gwSaturday, 21. May 2016, 01:57 8 years ago
    Sorry to dig up old posts, but this problem is still present in the current version. Anyone not experiencing this bug?

69 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeSaturday, 21. May 2016, 12:20 8 years ago
    I think it's a WxWidget related issue. Not much the devs can do about it unless WxWidgets put out a more stable release, however I don't think the new editor is too far away. So a little more patience from everyone please & hopefully we'll not have to worry about WxWidget nonsense ever again. wink

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #5, by NinjapieSaturday, 21. May 2016, 13:10 8 years ago
    I dont know if it actually works, but ive convinced myself that ive found a workaround for this.
    Create a blank scene with no way system. Now whenever your going to the way systems tab after changing a scene object, instead of going straight there, change your object, go to the blank scene, go to that scene's way system tab and then click back into the scene you want to change. Seems to work for me.

7 Posts

• #6, by afrlmeSaturday, 21. May 2016, 14:03 8 years ago
    The way systems tab - especially action areas section of the way systems tab - is quite unstable.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #7, by darren-beckettSunday, 22. May 2016, 11:31 8 years ago
    Use Ctrl-S often.

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #8, by afrlmeSunday, 22. May 2016, 13:54 8 years ago
    Spamming ctrl+s isn't always a good idea. I've not had the issue since 4.0 but due to the stability of 3.7.1 & crashing, sometimes you ended up with it crashing while it was saving & you ended up wiping your ved clean of all data.

My recommendation is to create a duplicate copy of your ved before &/or after any major changes. Also if you are using a cloud storage service then I recommend pausing it while you work & resume when you want to sync. That way if anything goes wrong with your ved, you can always download the last one you synced over - then again some services like dropbox pro account have backup copies of prior versions of files you have updated.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #9, by darren-beckettWednesday, 25. May 2016, 08:48 8 years ago
    Oh, Good idea.

Great Poster

384 Posts