vs4.2.5 - Android APK not created

• #20, by SimonSSunday, 13. March 2016, 20:29 8 years ago
    We are rewriting large parts of the code currently, so no ETA.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #21, by TinTinSaturday, 19. March 2016, 06:57 8 years ago
    Simon , please fix Android port at the moment.It doesn't make apk. I heard VS 4.2 make automatically.I haven't this version.I tried for make manually like above but I couldn't success yet.
    Please fix this issues in little updates.You and VS team have more time for rewriting huge update.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #22, by CaimsSaturday, 19. March 2016, 10:33 8 years ago
    I have the same Android problem with VS 4.2.5. I have tried various versions of the JDK (x86, 64, 7u45, 7u79, 8) but I always get the Jarsigner "unable to open..." error in my report.txt.

I have tried the manual process and created an APK that installs, but I get the "Init failed, could not load game" error when I try to run it on a Nexus 7 2013.

The game works fine when I export for Windows.

Is it possible to get a copy of the 4.2 version from somewhere until we find a fix? I notice someone may have found this somewhere from the above posts?

4 Posts

• #23, by CaimsSaturday, 19. March 2016, 11:09 8 years ago
    Just to add that I found the 4.2 download and was able to create the APK file from this version. For others looking, check your welcome email from when you signed up and follow the download link. There is a drop-down to choose the version you want.

Unfortunately, I am still getting the "Init Failed" message. I guess my issue is not related to the APK.

4 Posts