Visionaire Update 5.0.7

• #30, by SimonSThursday, 04. October 2018, 14:23 6 years ago
    Who says most, nobody needs the the h functions and I doubt ldexp and frexp.

So only:
    math.pow -> ^
    atan2 -> atan (cause it does the same)

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #31, by afrlmeThursday, 04. October 2018, 14:37 6 years ago
    I think I've used atan & pow in scripts before. No idea about the others. Math hurts my brain.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #32, by caligarimarteThursday, 04. October 2018, 14:54 6 years ago
    Thank you, AFRLme, that Page might be a big Help. smile I just had to "correct" your good old "alignChar"-Script, "atan2" is now "atan"... but then now I am really getting stuck, because the Debugger says there's a Problem with the drawLine-Function, and the none of these two Pages give me a Hint as to what I have to change, but the Debugger says:
    err = [string "(8,194)"]:99: bad argument #3 to 'drawLine' (number has no integer representation)

But what do I have to do then? NOT use ".Int" at Lines with Stuff like "Guard.Values.Recognition.Int/100"? Because then I get a different Error for trying to do Math-Stuff on a Visionaire-Object. Does ".Int" no longer work? The Lua-Manual-Pages have no mention of that, but mention "lua_numbertointeger", but that hasn't helped either. Does the Value have o be changed into something other than an Integer now?

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #33, by SimonSThursday, 04. October 2018, 14:55 6 years ago
    Do math.floor for argument 3 and 4 (the lerp calls).

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #34, by afrlmeThursday, 04. October 2018, 15:02 6 years ago
    It mentioned something about .0 being added to the end of numbers in the incompatibilities page for 5.3 - just skimmed it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #35, by caligarimarteThursday, 04. October 2018, 15:13 6 years ago
    Thanks, the math.floor-Solution solved that Problem (I really wouldn't have guessed that). I still have one final Problem with the A.I. (final one so far, from what I have seen), but the Debugger doesn't even recognize it as an Error and I will have to find out first where the Problem might be hiding before I can ask a useful Question.

EDIT: Found the Root of that last Problem -- I accidently had the Distanz calculated as (x-y^2) instead of (x-y)^2, which was totally my own Oversight.

Forum Fan

145 Posts

• #36, by chronologicThursday, 04. October 2018, 16:16 6 years ago
    @Muklin: can't reproduce. Please check that the player has focus.

@chronologic: will get patches.
    Thanks... Just knowing that I didn't cause it helps  ;-)

25 Posts

• #37, by anna-arnoldThursday, 04. October 2018, 18:00 6 years ago
    @Muklin: can't reproduce. Please check that the player has focus.
    He has what? Would it maybe help to understand the problem if I would make a little Video of the behaviour?

95 Posts

• #38, by SimonSThursday, 04. October 2018, 18:15 6 years ago
    Means the player is in front and the mouse is over it, try clicking on it. If it freezes I need a dump, open the task manager and create a dump by rightclicking on visplayer.exe, then zip it and send it to me.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #39, by afrlmeThursday, 04. October 2018, 18:20 6 years ago
    He means the game application. For example, if you were to minimize the game when it was in fullscreen then the application would lose focus - this can also occur in fullscreen when you move the mouse cursor over into another monitor because that monitor will be in focus & the other monitor or application(s) you had open will lose focus - typically games/apps  lock the cursor to the current screen when in fullscreen mode, but I don't know if VS games have this by default (I only have one monitor screen at the minute).

Apparently if you have UAC (user account control) in your windows settings disabled, it can lead to issues like this in other games/apps for people using multiple screen setups.

I used to turn off my monitor screen back when I only had my laptop whenever I played something, so I never experienced this issue.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #40, by SimonSThursday, 04. October 2018, 23:49 6 years ago
    Uploaded the bugfix.

Fixes:
    - export not working
    - plugin update not working
    - not waiting for the intro video
    - scrolling in particle editor messes up
    - character jumps in waysystem
    - new icons (thx Sebastian)

Thread Captain