Visionaire Update 5.0.7

• #50, by afrlmeFriday, 05. October 2018, 20:55 6 years ago
    Don't think he's sorted out the mac version properly yet.
    But 5.0.6 works very well....
    quite a few things broke with the update. he's been fixing it.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #51, by SimonSFriday, 05. October 2018, 21:29 6 years ago
    I'm gonna keep patching for weeks, seemingly.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #52, by fulviovSunday, 07. October 2018, 01:31 6 years ago
    Running Visionaire build 5.0.7 1199 on MacOS Mojave 10.14, and also having trouble with this release:

1. As soon as the game loads, I get a black screen. I have to move the window in order for it to start rendering the game.

2. The scroll room functionality does not seem to work properly. Had no issues with the previous release. Please check this video:

You will see that in most cases, it is problematic to get to the next room as the character just gets stuck at the border. Again, had no problems with the previous release.

As a side note, maybe it would be a good idea to start a beta program so that people can test builds before getting stuck with an extremely buggy release?

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #53, by SimonSSunday, 07. October 2018, 10:09 6 years ago
    "extremely buggy", hardly, but I can asure you, no beta program of 10 or more people will find your bugs. Even if, it would really slow the updates even further if added a week for beta releases.

1) Does only focussing work already ? I don't have Mojave and don't intend to upgrade soon. But there will be a metal version in the future.

2) Can't find something like that in my games. Try smooth scrolling only for a test, are there any scripts with errors ? Any action parts changing scroll behaviour ? Also good to know where the character position actually is, so turn on the waysystem display.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #54, by fulviovSunday, 07. October 2018, 16:16 6 years ago
    1) Does only focussing work already ? I don't have Mojave and don't intend to upgrade soon. But there will be a metal version in the future.
    Focusing the window does not help. It stays black until I drag it.

2) Can't find something like that in my games. Try smooth scrolling only for a test, are there any scripts with errors ? Any action parts changing scroll behaviour ? Also good to know where the character position actually is, so turn on the waysystem display.
    Tried smooth scolling but the problem persists.
    There are no custom scripts in the game or actions changing the scroll behaviour.
    Here is a video with waypoint debugging activated:

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #55, by SimonSMonday, 08. October 2018, 11:45 6 years ago
    For the scrolling I would need material to reproduce it. I build some small resolution scenes here to test, but I can't get it stuck.

Do you have an intro movie ?

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #56, by fulviovMonday, 08. October 2018, 20:11 6 years ago
    For the scrolling I would need material to reproduce it. I build some small resolution scenes here to test, but I can't get it stuck.

Do you have an intro movie ?
    I don't.
    Would it be ok if I send you the sources with the affected room?

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #57, by SimonSTuesday, 09. October 2018, 10:35 6 years ago
    I would need a ved with the room, the waysystem and the character, so that it's reproducible, can also be the full source, you can pm me.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #58, by fulviovTuesday, 09. October 2018, 12:36 6 years ago
    I would need a ved with the room, the waysystem and the character, so that it's reproducible, can also be the full source, you can pm me.

Just PM'd you, cheers smile

Forum Fan

119 Posts

• #59, by darren-beckettTuesday, 30. October 2018, 21:40 5 years ago
    I have replaced the luacurl-wrapper but I'm still getting this error:

Failed to execute hook function 'update_curl'

UPDATE: This was caused by having table.getn in my lua code

Great Poster

384 Posts

• #60, by darren-beckettTuesday, 30. October 2018, 21:49 5 years ago
    These are better links to show what has been deprecated in lua 5.1, 5.2 & 5.3

Lua 5.1

Lua 5.2

Great Poster

384 Posts