Visionaire Studio 4.2.5 Released

• #90, by afrlmeFriday, 08. January 2016, 01:00 9 years ago
    I think he means like in Game Maker where you can create hills & when physics are enabled the character could rotate when colliding with an hill & slide down the hill if the player lets go of the movement keys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r1rElIiWqw

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #91, by TinTinFriday, 08. January 2016, 06:55 9 years ago
    What do you mean with slopes ?

Simon , My mean is character walking on diagonal move with keyboard . your script moved character in straight ahead only

I think he means like in Game Maker where you can create hills & when physics are enabled the character could rotate when colliding with an hill & slide down the hill if the player lets go of the movement keys.

Thanks so much for help
    Actually no need to physics at all .I know VS is isometric engine . But I think some feature like easy gravity and character moves on slopes with keyboard movements is will be great for add some actions into the game.

I'm beginner in Lua but it's a easy idea for gravity :
    When character is not on walkable area => character +=1 . Is it possible in engine with Lua Script?

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #92, by afrlmeFriday, 08. January 2016, 10:46 9 years ago
    What do you mean by character isn't on a walkable area? Could you post some screenshots please so that we can have a better understanding of exactly what you are wanting / trying to do?

As for gravity.... I believe it would be possible to do with a loop & a few lines of code, but the main issue is that Visionaire Studio has no collision detection, so there is no way of telling it what is ground & what isn't. The only thing I can think of is to create a giant action area around all the ground stuff & then create an action something along the lines of character enters area > disable gravity. But then again.... there's not really much point in gravity at all in an adventure game, except maybe if you are doing a space themed game & want the character to simulate low gravity like walking across a surface or scene / mini-game in space itself.

function gravity()
     if Conditions["gravity"].ConditionValue then
      game.CurrentCharacter.Destination.y = game.CurrentCharacter.Destination.y - 1
     end
    end

registerEventHandler("mainLoop", "gravity")

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #93, by TinTinFriday, 08. January 2016, 14:06 9 years ago
    Thanks for answer
    Walkable area is same Way border. You suppose we have a line thin of 'way border ' in scene . Now if our character was out of this area come down and stand up on way border as ground.
    It's like a gravity simulation. Is it possible?

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #94, by UraalFriday, 08. January 2016, 16:34 9 years ago
    I noticed a bug with 4.2.5, it appears that if you got symbols like äöå or * in string it crashes the engine. So does a line change made with enter. So if I got string "I am text" it won't crash but if that string is immediately followed by line change with enter that'll crash the engine when running your game and mentioned string launches.

93 Posts

• #95, by ke4Friday, 08. January 2016, 20:31 9 years ago
    I thought that objects action areas are now on the correct place when the shader zoom is used, but it still doesn't work in 4.2.5?

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #96, by SimonSSaturday, 09. January 2016, 10:29 9 years ago
    Moving diagonally should work, but the way finding doesn't work right as it seems... Next build.

Uraal: Are you on Mac or Win ? I couldn't get a crash on windows.

Ke4: Newest shader toolkit ?

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #97, by ke4Saturday, 09. January 2016, 10:35 9 years ago
    SimonS: Omg, sorry. Thanks.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #98, by TinTinSaturday, 09. January 2016, 15:30 9 years ago

Moving diagonally should work, but the way finding doesn't work right as it seems... Next build.

Thanks Simon . It's will be great structure . I'm waiting for next build.

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #99, by UraalSaturday, 09. January 2016, 15:41 9 years ago

Uraal: Are you on Mac or Win ? I couldn't get a crash on windows.

Ke4: Newest shader toolkit ?

I am using Windows 10 64 bit. =)

93 Posts

• #100, by tristan-kangSaturday, 09. January 2016, 19:34 9 years ago
    I am using Windows 10 64 bit. =)

I wonder when devs fix the crash issue related to action area for Windows 10.

Great Poster

267 Posts