Visionaire 5 Public Beta Test now live!

• #290, by marvelTuesday, 04. April 2017, 19:20 7 years ago
    Developers Note: Now it's possible to add individual turn animations. It's up to you to create and add a simple "rotation animation" or to create a more professional "natural looking" character turn animation (inkl. a turning head, upper body turn and feet sequence). 

We've tested this function and it looks good to us - but of course you cannot compare it with a professional, individually coded "walking system", like we for example know it from the broken sword series. You would need a complicated (maybe scripted) system to achieve this kind of bahavior. We plan additional changes and improvements here - especially to provide a better immersion and gameplay - but we don't want to let you wait for it as you already waited a long time for Visionaire 5. 

So... we are making a cut now, close the last construction sites and plan to release "Visionaire 5 RC" in a few days. 

Key Killer

598 Posts

• #291, by ke4Tuesday, 04. April 2017, 19:31 7 years ago
    Great news smile

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #292, by PaupasiaTuesday, 04. April 2017, 19:41 7 years ago
    Great! Thank you so much for the info!

But please tell me if the Editor now works even for low resolution, this is very important for me grin

Forum Fan

165 Posts

• #293, by sebastianTuesday, 04. April 2017, 19:51 7 years ago
    yay. sounds promising smile

Hope to see more frequent updates then, though

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #294, by ArtNovaTuesday, 04. April 2017, 23:30 7 years ago
    Great news smile Thanks!!!

41 Posts

• #295, by doroboWednesday, 05. April 2017, 23:05 7 years ago
    Can't wait! I hope my beta file will open on it.

46 Posts

• #296, by simpliciusThursday, 06. April 2017, 14:57 7 years ago
    Considering the beta even opened older 4.x projects with relative ease, I wouldn't worry about it.

14 Posts

• #297, by doroboThursday, 06. April 2017, 18:21 7 years ago
    Considering the beta even opened older 4.x projects with relative ease, I wouldn't worry about it.

i hope so but you see i can't open it now with 4.x after saving it with 5 beta smile

46 Posts

• #298, by afrlmeThursday, 06. April 2017, 18:40 7 years ago

i hope so but you see i can't open it now with 4.x after saving it with 5 beta smile
    Well, yeah... that's pretty standard. It's backwards compatible as in you can use ved/veb project files from older versions of the editor on newer versions, but you can't use project files from newer versions of the editor on older versions of the editor - only in some cases; i.e: the changes between the 2 versions of the editor were minor & nothing major was replaced or overhauled. Between 2 different .x versions is a great big no! no!

Did you not consider backing up your ved before opening it up in 5.0 beta & overwriting it? :shakeshark:

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #299, by doroboThursday, 06. April 2017, 21:07 7 years ago
    It's my bad. Save and run type of accident. Now i know it's f9 for running without a save. It's no biggie really.

46 Posts

• #300, by ke4Tuesday, 11. April 2017, 17:51 7 years ago
    How does it look like with the release guys? smile

Key Killer

810 Posts