UPDATE!!! BAKI! 1 episode

• #10, by kytattooTuesday, 02. August 2016, 13:14 8 years ago
    You're right about spoilers smile Thats fair smile
    About voices - no, only subs. About backgrounds for the texts - I didnt find the way to do it roll
    About hotspots - i didnt get it. Hotspots are active areas, right? The text of the hotspot appears on the top of the screen. There are hotspots there smile and what you're talking about is pixel hunting. And i think there should be pixel hunting in such type of games smile

60 Posts

• #11, by kytattooTuesday, 02. August 2016, 13:16 8 years ago
    Oh now i get it about hotspots. I think it a WAY easier way to play adventure games smile Thats not what i want for my players

60 Posts

• #12, by afrlmeTuesday, 02. August 2016, 13:39 8 years ago
    It's more of an optional thing. Players can choose to display them via space bar or not. Some players like myself lack the patience these days for pixel hunting. In older p+c classics pixel hunting without hotspots was usually made a little more obvious by things you could interact with in each scene having a little more detail than unimportant things. Sometimes they also (like in resident evil games) randomly had important objects show a little sparkle / glimmer animation every so often. Pixel hunting really depends on the style of the graphics.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #13, by kytattooTuesday, 02. August 2016, 13:50 8 years ago
    Yes, you're right. But my favorite games are Monkey Island, Sam n Max, Day of tentacle. And in my project when you drag the cursor and it enters active area - the animation starts. So i think thats some kind of hotspot smile

60 Posts

• #14, by afrlmeTuesday, 02. August 2016, 14:37 8 years ago
    Sure that's an interaction hotspot or interaction area or area / object of interest. Actual hotspot is an indicator to show all active interactable areas on the current scene, more often than not it can be toggled on & off by holding & releasing the space bar.

I dunno, I guess I just have less patience than when I was a kid playing p+c games on my Amiga 600. That & the fact that game resolutions used to be a lot less, compared to nowadays which means there's tons more space to pixel hunt, which in my opinion (yes mine - don't know about anyone elses) is a right old bloody boring chore-fest! razz

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #15, by kytattooTuesday, 02. August 2016, 14:48 8 years ago
    Right, i have less patience too. The times have changed. We are no longer focused to the screen by some jumping pixels smile

60 Posts

• #16, by NigecSaturday, 06. August 2016, 14:40 8 years ago
    Really nice artwork and very different, I really like the Main Menu.
    The grammar mistakes spoil the game quite alot, on the ship "Good Night" should be "Good Evening" .. Good Night is something you'd say as you go to bed or a closing statement.
    Really nice weird game smile but get some English beta testers for ep2

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #17, by sebastianSunday, 07. August 2016, 20:20 8 years ago
    All in all I like the style of the game. I gave up on the ship though. It was a bit confusing overall and i didnt felt any connection to the hero or his world, sorry roll

Maybe Baki should explain a bit more at the beginning of the game what his aim is or aboit what happened to him...

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #18, by kytattooFriday, 12. August 2016, 18:15 8 years ago
    Thanks for the reviews, guys! I really appreciate! All mistakes will be fixed! I agree about the connection to the hero.. For those who didnt read comics about Baki - it can be really confusing.. So i will take it into consideration. Thanks.
    P.S. And now i'm working on cartoon that is going to be released on Halloween! ))
    http://s013.radikal.ru/i323/1608/ba/c3ef75c9ac31.png

60 Posts