trouble getting video to play in html 5 build

• #1, by el_geeWednesday, 24. October 2018, 17:05 5 years ago
    Hey,

I'm having issues getting a video to play in the html 5 version of the game.
    It works fine in Visionaire's 'test run', and also in the Mac offline build of the game.

But when I play it online it just seems to skip the video and go straight to the next action.

I've tried making the video mkv and webm vp8; building it all in one and building the video separate from the game.  

Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers guys.

45 Posts

• #2, by NigecThursday, 25. October 2018, 08:37 5 years ago
    Yeah, I have object movies that aren't playing with HTML5 in any Windows browser , maybe its a limitation, I don't know

Key Killer

627 Posts

• #3, by SimonSThursday, 25. October 2018, 10:53 5 years ago
    The HTML5 version has a lot of removed things, because they are not easy to support, which also contains videos. If you need to play videos you need to patch it in and use the js-function.

Thread Captain

1580 Posts

• #4, by NigecThursday, 25. October 2018, 13:20 5 years ago
    I think you need to document the limitations, I moved from frame animation to movies as it was considered better, in reality it its a really bad choice for what I wanted to do, the saving grace is el_gee reported the problem and I was trying to improve how I was doing the animation.. if I'd of known I wouldn't of used the videos

Key Killer

627 Posts