Suggestion for Visionaire 5 :-)

• #1, by andy-rinaldiWednesday, 08. October 2014, 23:18 10 years ago
    Hi, I'd like to find in Visionaire a lua IDE with intellisense in the script section or maybe better to have the possibility to choose an external IDE like in Unity.

Thanks.

Forum Fan

160 Posts

• #2, by afrlmeThursday, 09. October 2014, 00:37 10 years ago
    what do you mean? You can link to external lua files (there's a script in the script index section) which means you can use whatever text editor you like to write your scripts.

I believe Simon plans on adding more features to the internal text editor in the future as it's still missing a lot of the nice features that sublime text has, such as: autocomplete, multi-word/sentence editing, decent search & replace & finally a dark theme option.

I write all my scripts in sublime text 3. Githubs Atom text editor is also pretty decent but Sublime wins by a tiny bit as it autocaches my current session & restores all opened tabs & content on open regardless of whether or not I bothered to save it before quiting the app.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #3, by andy-rinaldiThursday, 09. October 2014, 13:19 10 years ago

what do you mean? You can link to external lua files (there's a script in the script index section) which means you can use whatever text editor you like to write your scripts.

With the ext files script, you must change the script filename everytime.
    I would that when I edit a script in the script section, an IDE with debugging and autocomplete features opens and also I would add a option in Visionaire where you can choose your favorite external editor like in Unity. grin
    See image below.
    Know what I mean?

Forum Fan

160 Posts

• #4, by afrlmeThursday, 09. October 2014, 13:42 10 years ago
    Yes I understood what you mean & meant in the first message... I'm not sure how easy this would be to implement or whether the devs would be willing to implement the option.

I know that David has been working on a debugging feature for the internal editor.

Imperator

7278 Posts