Release date for 4.3?

• #50, by PaupasiaFriday, 15. April 2016, 10:30 8 years ago
    Awesome news! I'm so happy to see these very important updates grin

Forum Fan

165 Posts

• #51, by sebastianFriday, 15. April 2016, 10:42 8 years ago
    So its like the masks you can use in photoshop or gimp?
    Only the parts of an image get rendered which are inside the mask?

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #52, by SimonSFriday, 15. April 2016, 10:55 8 years ago
    Yeah, masks like that.

Text effects are basically some transitions, fade in, move up oder such, and coloring parts of the text. I might add some other things in the future.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #53, by ke4Friday, 15. April 2016, 12:53 8 years ago
    Cool, will there be some option to create a text object?

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #54, by SimonSFriday, 15. April 2016, 12:58 8 years ago
    Daedalic has asked for something like that, it might get into the release, but there is nothing coded yet for that.

Thread Captain

1581 Posts

• #55, by TinTinFriday, 15. April 2016, 14:06 8 years ago
    I want to have the gui finished, I'm currently calculating a month, but I can't say for sure.

Also in the next version:
    - text effects
    - Xbox One, PS4, WebGL export, maybe Windows Universal
    - masking (via Lua currently)
    - unlock aspect ratio
    - smoother scrolling
    - lua debugger (new gui)
    - new particle system (Lua until finished)
    - cross platform shaders
    - DirectX

Bugfixes:
    - freeze with ttf
    - wrapping for ttf
    some other minor things.

Hi Simon
    Great!!!. New GUI and new exporters and Lua debugger and cross platform shaders and others is fantastic.
    If you don't mind please add this 3 features too:

1) More flexibility for chase character . NPC is always in back of character and it's not good. please let it stand in front of hero sometimes with random direction too.
    2) NPC is not obstacle or solid and characters passed together.please improve it. This problem is for objects too(AFAIK)
    3) Turn before walking. Use first frame from per direction is will be nice too. Or in advance mode set a function for any character from first direction to second direction with use an another character animations.

Thanks so much for your hard works

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #56, by ke4Friday, 15. April 2016, 14:49 8 years ago
    Okay, thanks for the info Simon.

Key Killer

810 Posts

• #57, by afrlmeFriday, 15. April 2016, 15:29 8 years ago
    @TinTin: #2 it's a 2D engine using 2D graphics (for the most part) not 3D. How can you determine what is & isn't solid?

For the characters you need to create a loop & then check when a character comes into contact with a specified radius linked to the characters position, which is usually located near the feet.

As for the character passing through objects, it's because your characters position is based on the character animation center you created for each of your characters animations. This mean that the character can move as close to the wayborders in your scenes as the character animation center you provided to your walk animations. The solution is to make sure you draw your borders far away enough from scene objects that you can walk around / behind as possible.

Imperator

7278 Posts

• #58, by TinTinFriday, 15. April 2016, 17:00 8 years ago
    @TinTin: #2 it's a 2D engine using 2D graphics (for the most part) not 3D. How can you determine what is & isn't solid?

AGS have a option for NPC as solid or not solid. AGS is 2D engine .

For the characters you need to create a loop & then check when a character comes into contact with a specified radius linked to the characters position, which is usually located near the feet.

Nice idea . Thanks a lot

Forum Fan

196 Posts

• #59, by sebastianFriday, 15. April 2016, 19:03 8 years ago
    Could you try to add autoselecting last remaining dilaog option like described in this thread:
    http://www.visionaire-studio.net/forum/thread/dialogs-auto-c...

?
    Would be awesome

Thread Captain

2346 Posts

• #60, by afrlmeFriday, 15. April 2016, 21:52 8 years ago

AGS have a option for NPC as solid or not solid. AGS is 2D engine .

But how does it determine what is the solid part or does it work on the alpha mask or something? It wouldn't be right good if the entire thing was solid as it would prevent characters from being able to walk behind it, hence why I believe a radius approach would be better.

Imperator

7278 Posts